Going To Become a Neurosurgeon

GIFSoup

someone plz tell me how many times this one has been used, i don't wanna overdo it next time.

First time I have seen it. I love it. Good job!

Members don't see this ad.

Physics WITHOUT calculus?! That actually exist?!

...my engineering advisor has been lying to me...rat bastard.

My last two colleges had physics with calculus for the physics and engineering majors, and physics without calculus for everyone else. I think this is fairly common at colleges. Since real scientists took the tough physics class and anyone looking for easy science credits took geology, almost the entire class was pre-med, pre-dental, pre-vet, or something similar.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey thanks for doing this!

I want to become a neurosurgeon, so having someone who works as one answer questions is an ideal situation for me! You and LizzyM are to be commended for your efforts.

1) How tough is it? I have straight A's and B's in all my classes except one. I took Sociology, Psychology, Music theory 101, and Pre Calculus, and got in C in Pre Calc, but a B in Psych and Sociology, and an A in Music theory 101 (music just comes natually to me). I am in my first semester, and I think it is very impressive that I passed all my classes with excellent grades. Do you think I will have any trouble being a neurosurgeon?

2) Do you have to work long hours and work hard, and do you have time for golf? Some people are very misinformed and say that doctors have to work hard and long, but then why would everyone want to apply to med school and why would there be so much competition? I mainly want to become a neurosurgeon because I want a high paying job with low hours (that is why doctors possess the stereotype of playing golf), because they don't work too much.

Thanks once again!

HAHAHAHAH. Venom5 omfg dying at the notebook

I want to become a neurosurgeon, so having someone who works as one answer questions is an ideal situation for me! You and LizzyM are to be commended for your efforts.

1) How tough is it? I have straight A's and B's in all my classes except one. I took Sociology, Psychology, Music theory 101, and Pre Calculus, and got in C in Pre Calc, but a B in Psych and Sociology, and an A in Music theory 101 (music just comes natually to me). I am in my first semester, and I think it is very impressive that I passed all my classes with excellent grades. Do you think I will have any trouble being a neurosurgeon?

2) Do you have to work long hours and work hard, and do you have time for golf? Some people are very misinformed and say that doctors have to work hard and long, but then why would everyone want to apply to med school and why would there be so much competition? I mainly want to become a neurosurgeon because I want a high paying job with low hours (that is why doctors possess the stereotype of playing golf), because they don't work too much.

Thanks once again!

.......?..................:laugh:

You nerds have WAY too much time on your hands
12a2.jpg

Says the man who has time to tell us this!

You are right, though.

Thanks once again!

Trolls trolling trolls? Or are you aware that OP is not even a medical student yet? :confused:

how much do you bench, squat and deadlift? if it isn't 225, 315, 405, then you have no chance of becoming a neurosurgeon

Those numbers are low....even for a 10 year old.

Thanks once again!

Can't tell if trolling

Of course a podiatry student joins the fray.

Hi! I'm a neuroscience major and am most definitely considering neurosurgery as a field, having performed many STN-DBS procedures myself (I know, quite advanced for a senior undergraduate student but let's just say I'm a superstar like you) and life-saving procedures on the fly (like that one time a dude fell on his head at the grocery store and started bleeding out). It's so great we have similar interests, aspirations, and passions! Here are just a few questions. By the way, do you sit in the front of all your classes and raise your hand so fast after a question has been asked even if you don't know the answer with superhuman speed that would make Miss Granger jealous? Because I do. I also shower while reciting my neuroanatomy, starting with cranial nerves and working my way up to the cortex (screw spinal cord, only weaksauce orthopedic surgeons operate on that, real neurosurgeons use stereotactic techniques combined with years of experience to pinpoint nanometer-sized structures in the brain), while reciting arteries that supply each. I take three hour showers and also do pushups so I can keep my upper body in shape (let's face it, when I'm trying to squat 1000 lbs, I'm not gonna have time to work pecs/abs/core/tris/shoulders). I also wear my labcoat with MD/PhD on it (my PI and I share the same size and I switched ours cos he never wears his anyway) to class everyday. Babes flock to me like prepubescent girls at a Justin Bieber/One Direction concert.

1) Will I know the names of my children? I hear that neurosurgeons work long hours.
2) A 7 year residency doesn't seem to do the field justice. I was considering multiple subspecialties so I can start working after I turn 40. Can I still produce viable offspring with my future wife? (I realize this is more of a repro question but as someone who's interested in life, you would undoubtedly have the answer)
3) Let's lift together sometime. I'm trying to hit quadruple digits on one legged squats.

In all seriousness, for the curious, FFA really is a region associated with facial recognition like he found on Google, but fascinating experiments have been done in terms of how we recognize faces (Google Thatcher illusion) and some neuroscientists believe higher order facial properties are processed by different regions of the brain, and this has been shown in fMRI studies (see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19302006). Felt compelled to share since I wrote a long ass paper on configuration in facial recognition.

Members don't see this ad :)
lmaooo this thread is great. the "YOU DON'T SAY" gif had me dying hahaha

"There is still some argument about the extent of the functioning of the fusiform gyrus, however, there are a few functions that are agreed upon. The fusiform gyrus has a part in processing color information. It plays a role in face and body recognition (with the fusiform face area). "

Source: http://editthis.info/psy3242/Fusiform_gyrus

Tsk tsk plagiarism is never good for soon-to-be-premeds :p

this is kind of fun, i like the fact that the OP is joking around in his replies.
it's nice that you've decided to become a neurosurgeon... hopefully you get into medicine so you can actually start pursuing that goal. ahem...

it is verily a particular travesty that someone so equipped to lift up the ill stands so far from realizing his noble goal. i sigh softly to myself as i ponder this particular conundrum, and only hope that some of those you would save can cling to life long enough for you to arrive for them. such are the sobering realities of the world in which we live.

U gave to say, OP you are a solid troll. I salute you :thumbup:

Seriously one of the best trolls I've seen. It's not because he fooled anyone, but the degree to which he assumes the role of "future neurosurgeon". Seriously, I see an academy award in his future. I give the OP a rating of:

maximum_trolling_gif.gif

I actually met a neurosurgery resident today who said he's known he wanted to become a neurosurgeon since high school. Just figured I'd add to the massive utility of this thread.

how much do you bench, squat and deadlift? if it isn't 225, 315, 405, then you have no chance of becoming a neurosurgeon

If anything less that 450 for any of those, then pick a different career.

Notsrs.

Ok, kindasrs. :laugh: