How to become a doctor in Spain

Est1108

Reaction score
Hi🙂, I’m currently in high school (U.S) and was wondering if there is anyway I can attend medical school in Spain. Spanish is my first language and I want to study in spain for med school. Is there any way I can do this? Do I get a bachelors then transfer? Or can I go right after high school? I’m really interested in attending (Universidad de Navarra). I know they have an international program but I speak fluent Spanish and their international program uses English teachers. Does anyone know how I can possible attend medical school is Spain? Thank you in advance 🙂

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi🙂, I’m currently in high school (U.S) and was wondering if there is anyway I can attend medical school in Spain. Spanish is my first language and I want to study in spain for med school. Is there any way I can do this? Do I get a bachelors then transfer? Or can I go right after high school? I’m really interested in attending (Universidad de Navarra). I know they have an international program but I speak fluent Spanish and their international program uses English teachers. Does anyone know how I can possible attend medical school is Spain? Thank you in advance 🙂
Do you plan on practicing in Spain?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm told that the most direct method for non-EU residents to practice in Spain is to go to medical school there.
They have a national exam that is taken in the Spring before anticipated enrollment. Instead of college, there are 6 years of medical school (followed by 4 to 5 years for residency). They have an exit exam that determines which residency options you have (MIR). Although non-Spanish residents can sit for the MIR, there is a fixed limit on the number admitted. EU citizens are preferred.
To work there as a trained US physician, you would need to apply for a "highly skilled work visa."

Last edited: