Going to school or transfer foreign pharmacy degree

Started by marymar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

marymar

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello



I have a bachelor degree in pharmacy from a foreign country. Finished school 2012.

I am able to transfer my degree to US ( degree equivalency) by taking 4 tests FPGEE, Toefl, Naplex and MPJE+ internship. off course the degree will stay as bachelor.

I started my equivalency on 2015 the tests that are left to finish is NAPLEX, MPJE and internship.


one pro of finishing equivalency is that I won't end up with a student loan and I wont have to study everything again.
The bad thing about it is that my degree will still be bachelor, so my chances of getting a job will be less since employers will surely prefer pharmd and somebody who studied here over someone who studied outside US with bachelor degree.

another problem is that I am working FT technician, so studying naplex is very overwhelming, specially I feel like I forgot all the info I learned back in school. so by going to school, I will learn everything again which is good.



on the other hand, going to pharmacy will enable me to get pharmd and it might take less time to finish school. I think (not sure) I can use my degree transcript to skip taking some prerequisite...but I will end up with a student loan.


which path you think it is better to take? Pharmd school or finish my equivalency???money wise and employment wise



TIA
 
Hello



I have a bachelor degree in pharmacy from a foreign country. Finished school 2012.

I am able to transfer my degree to US ( degree equivalency) by taking 4 tests FPGEE, Toefl, Naplex and MPJE+ internship. off course the degree will stay as bachelor.

I started my equivalency on 2015 the tests that are left to finish is NAPLEX, MPJE and internship.


one pro of finishing equivalency is that I won't end up with a student loan and I wont have to study everything again.
The bad thing about it is that my degree will still be bachelor, so my chances of getting a job will be less since employers will surely prefer pharmd and somebody who studied here over someone who studied outside US with bachelor degree.

another problem is that I am working FT technician, so studying naplex is very overwhelming, specially I feel like I forgot all the info I learned back in school. so by going to school, I will learn everything again which is good.



on the other hand, going to pharmacy will enable me to get pharmd and it might take less time to finish school. I think (not sure) I can use my degree transcript to skip taking some prerequisite...but I will end up with a student loan.


which path you think it is better to take? Pharmd school or finish my equivalency???money wise and employment wise



TIA
"I am working FT technician, so studying naplex is very overwhelming" what are you talking about ? i was working full time and did part time internship for 2 years and still took naplex after 15 years of my bachelor degree. Work hard! good luck!