goljan kinda a douche

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donkeyboy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm sure ppl are gonna bite my head off here because basically everyone worships this guy, but ive been listening to his audio and i think he's kind of a douche. yeah, his lectures are good, but it's hard for me to listen to them because he's a prick and annoying. he asks a direct question, and when someone answers he's like, "yeah so what, give me mechanisms." why phrase the question like, "what is this?" if you want a mechanism. Plus he thinks he's funny when he's not, lame. not to mention that he thinks he has all the secrets to killing the boards and if you don't listen to him you'll fail, please egomaniac. I respect his teaching ability and knowledge, just not him as a person.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm sure ppl are gonna bite my head off here because basically everyone worships this guy, but ive been listening to his audio and i think he's kind of a douche. yeah, his lectures are good, but it's hard for me to listen to them because he's a prick and annoying. he asks a direct question, and when someone answers he's like, "yeah so what, give me mechanisms." why phrase the question like, "what is this?" if you want a mechanism. Plus he thinks he's funny when he's not, lame. not to mention that he thinks he has all the secrets to killing the boards and if you don't listen to him you'll fail, please egomaniac. I respect his teaching ability and knowledge, just not him as a person.

Get this out of here. If you don't like Goljan you either haven't been listening to him long enough, or something is wrong with YOU, buddy.

I don't think he's so much of a douche, more of an annoying nerd. It was also quite jarring to hear his voice for the first time: for some reason, with a name like Edward Goljan, I was expecting a deep-voiced guy from maybe the Chicago area. The nasal Brooklyn accent came as quite a shock.

That said, he knows his stuff and teaches it well, so I don't care if his jokes aren't funny.