Goljan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usmlesuccess

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed many people use Goljan to study for step 1. Where do I obtained this Goljan material? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I used FA/UW and RR. Honestly aside from a couple of questions (2-3), everything else was in the first two. As I saw someone say before, there is nothing rapid about RR and it takes two times to go through to be useful imo. Therefore it takes alot of time to really utilize it. So if you have UW and FA down cold, by all means, this book will net you a few questions. However, if theres gaps in the previous two, you're better off mastering those then being ok in all three.

Members don't see this ad :)
that or do the Falcon review program to get the guy teaching path to u in person

Yah it's only $5000+

I used FA/UW and RR. Honestly aside from a couple of questions (2-3), everything else was in the first two. As I saw someone say before, there is nothing rapid about RR and it takes two times to go through to be useful imo. Therefore it takes a lot of time to really utilize it. So if you have UW and FA down cold, by all means, this book will net you a few questions. However, if theres gaps in the previous two, you're better off mastering those then being ok in all three.

This man offers better advice. I concur with everything he has said.

If you google Goljans Audio Review you can find his lecture recordings. I payed $25 for them, but I imagine you could torrent them for free.

If you google Goljans Audio Review you can find his lecture recordings. I payed $25 for them, but I imagine you could torrent them for free.

or you could pay me some 25 bones and i can hit you with the realness.

But yeah RR sucks. ITs not rapid, there's a lot of superfluous material in it, the amount of time to use it over the amount learned ratio is sooooooo big, and that aint efficient. I'm about efficiency.

:thumbdown:

But yeah RR sucks. ITs not rapid, there's a lot of superfluous material in it, the amount of time to use it over the amount learned ratio is sooooooo big, and that aint efficient. I'm about efficiency.

Yeah a lot of it is Step 2 type material as well (the treatment for example, some of the other diseases, etc). I found that FA and UW combined provided me with a much better compilation of what was tested.

It was good for me b/c I felt relatively weak in path a few weeks out. I powered through the book in about 1.5 weeks and my scores on assessment tests and UWorld averages shot though the roof. I'm talking a 20 point increase in my NBME's in that time.

I guess it's just up to where you feel like your strengths/weaknesses lie. If you feel weak in path, I would definitely read RR. If other subjects need work, then stick to FA.

I would disagree with a lot of the folks that say not much from RR comes up on the test...I can remember a crapload of stuff on the actual exam that I remember reading about and retaining from RR. Not to say it's not in FA as well, but maybe I just recalled it better when reading it in RR as opposed to the skin/bones outline format of FA.

My 2¢

It was good for me b/c I felt relatively weak in path a few weeks out. I powered through the book in about 1.5 weeks and my scores on assessment tests and UWorld averages shot though the roof. I'm talking a 20 point increase in my NBME's in that time.

I guess it's just up to where you feel like your strengths/weaknesses lie. If you feel weak in path, I would definitely read RR. If other subjects need work, then stick to FA.

I would disagree with a lot of the folks that say not much from RR comes up on the test...I can remember a crapload of stuff on the actual exam that I remember reading about and retaining from RR. Not to say it's not in FA as well, but maybe I just recalled it better when reading it in RR as opposed to the skin/bones outline format of FA.

My 2¢

I agree with what you say, but a lot of stuff in RR on the test is ALSO in FA. And yea, if you need help with certain ish, its great. It clarified RTAs and the Bilirubin pathway for me in no time, but other than that, i didnt really like it.

I agree with what you say, but a lot of stuff in RR on the test is ALSO in FA. And yea, if you need help with certain ish, its great. It clarified RTAs and the Bilirubin pathway for me in no time, but other than that, i didnt really like it.

I agree with this man. Yea when I refer to RR only having 2-3 questions, I'm refering to the content found only in RR. There is a ton of overlap and to be honest, it is a hell of alot easier to learn out of FA than RR. As I said before, RR is a massive pain in the ass to go through and much harder to read than FA, but it will get you a couple random questions.