Good Arguement for Dental Compensation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SororityOMFS

Cuz Every CoEd Needs anOS
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So is this a good arguement for people who think dentists get paid to much?

Take home is $150k. They have $500k invested in the practice. Most investments require a return....lets say 10%.

So every year, a reasonable investor would expect $50k in return on their $.5 million investment.

So really, the dentist as a providor is making $100k. That is on par with careers that require post college training. Why all the fuss regarding dentists??

Members don't see this ad.

Take home is $150k. They have $500k invested in the practice. Most investments require a return....lets say 10%.

So every year, a reasonable investor would expect $50k in return on their $.5 million investment.

So really, the dentist as a providor is making $100k. That is on par with careers that require post college training. Why all the fuss regarding dentists??

So if the dentist is taking home 150,000 that means hes probably making 202,500$$$ I accounted for 35% tax you have to pay. Dunno if its 30 or 40% so i went with 35%. Lol i dunno, making 150,000 after taxes would be AMAZING. At least for me. Id be happy bringing home 70K after taxes (that is working 3-4 days a week =]).

How about just simply 4 years of college, 4 years of dental school, then ??# of residency years to acquire your DOCTORATE and the ability to practice.

Please, do not feel guilty for what you'll make as a dentist, you spend alot of years and effort to get to that point, and you've earned the right to earn a very comfortable yearly income.

How about just simply 4 years of college, 4 years of dental school, then ??# of residency years to acquire your DOCTORATE and the ability to practice.

Please, do not feel guilty for what you'll make as a dentist, you spend alot of years and effort to get to that point, and you've earned the right to earn a very comfortable yearly income.

As always, Dr. Jeff, your words ring true! :thumbup: