good book for PharmTech Ceritification exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UyenRita

working to be better...
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm taking the PTCB test on January 16th. Do you think I have enough time to be prepare for the test?
Also, I got confused and really don't know which book I should choose to study for the test. If any of you have experienced the book and the test, please give me some recommendations. That would be much appreciated.
Btw, I have heard about this book, "Delmar's Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam Review- Patricia K." - did anyone use it before? does it help?

Members don't see this ad.

I am also wondering the same thing. Ive been a pharmacy tech for quite a white now and haven't had any incentive to take the exam because I work for an independent pharmacy my employer would not give me a raise for being certified. I want to take it so I could find a job at a major retail chain so it will help my chances of obtaining a job after pharmacy school.

I used this...

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bo...s-_-k232270-_-j12871747k232270-_-Primary&IF=N

Walgreens gave me my books but I did really like this book even though it looks like it is a little expensive. I also had a purple one of this..the math calculations part. There were also some flashcards with brand/generic that I used. I have two copies though so if anyone asked real nice I could send it to them :) G/L the test isn't too bad. It was nice for me cause walgreens paid for it all since I already worked for them, so if you have the opportunity get hired by them FIRST.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used this...

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bo...s-_-k232270-_-j12871747k232270-_-Primary&IF=N

Walgreens gave me my books but I did really like this book even though it looks like it is a little expensive. I also had a purple one of this..the math calculations part. There were also some flashcards with brand/generic that I used. I have two copies though so if anyone asked real nice I could send it to them :) G/L the test isn't too bad. It was nice for me cause walgreens paid for it all since I already worked for them, so if you have the opportunity get hired by them FIRST.

how do you get hired from them without having any certifications?

how do you get hired from them without having any certifications?

I'd say most people aren't certified when they apply. MAYBE now-a-days it will help since its so hard to get jobs anywhere, but we just hired two new people and one was certified (only b/c he worked at a dif walgreens back home where he got certified), and the other is taking the certification PTCB test now that she's working there. Just apply and try to talk to the district office if possible so you can know about openings all over the city youre in and not just that one walgreens (or wherever) you apply to. Be persistent!!! I was transferring from back home (started in the pharmacy) when i first moved up and I ended up having to work in the front a couple of months until I could finally transfer back to the pharmacy and then get certified! It is worth it so do whatever it takes! :)

I used this...

:confused:Does this book come with a CD?

Please let me know.
Thanks.

Mosby's book is real good. It even comes with a Cd.

Mosby's review for the PTCB examination is awesome. I studied 2 weeks before the test and passed. So yes, you do have enough time to me in my book. Its very math oriented, so basic math. They give you a couple formulas and example math questions and calculations. It was more based on hospital pharmacy when I took it. Don't stress too much about it.

I recently took and passed the exam and I used both the Mosby and DelMar Learning's book and I found that the DelMar is the better of the two. The Mosby is more clinical in its aspect. As fort the exam definatly don't stress! I was so convinced it had alot of medications in it but it really over pharmacy law and math. I ended up stressin and over studying for nothing. just relax and really work on the math and you'll be fine

I used this...

I have the same book. But I'm curious, did you only study the one in the link or did you also study the books given to you by Walgreens? I've studied the green book completely (from the link) about 2 times now and I feel like I don't know enough. I also have a pharmacy law book and a pharmacy math book I've been studying. :confused: