Good Books About Pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PA_dud3

PA-S1
Moderator Emeritus
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello again, everyone!

I was wondering if any pharmacists of pharmacy/pre-pharmacy students could recommend any good books on the profession or topics relating to the profession. I recently began to study for my PTCE and will be attending a few seminars by the NCBOP in the coming months. I'm fairly certain pharmacy is the route I wish to pursue, as I feel like I have a passion for the field. So, any good reading material you folks could recommend to give me some more knowledge about pharmacy would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Well I recommend shadowing before deciding on pharmacy but if you are a bookworm like me and really want one... I got one a couple of years ago in Barnes and Noble about becoming a pharmacist. It is called "How to Get a Job and Succeed as a Pharmacist" by Janie Morrison. It was a good read and was more of a mentorship rather than just career advice. I don't remember exactly how much it costs, I would say about 20 bucks.

Another good book I gave it to my nephew since he showed interest in the field, but of course I read it first! :smuggrin: I ordered it on Amazon for about 8 bucks, for the cheap price it was a good read as well. It is "How to Become a Pharmacist: The Ultimate Guide to a Successful Career as a Pharmacist" by Gracie Elingston. It was short and to the point but it had much insight on the world of pharmacy and had some inspirational motivation.

Members don't see this ad :)
This book I also ordered it on Amazon because some of my family (most are pharmacists or work in a pharmaceutical company) said it was good "Letters to a Young Pharmacist: Sage Advice on Life & Career from Extraordinary Pharmacists". I really liked it since this is a lot of advice for aspiring pharmacists or already pharmacist students! It was written by pharmacists, for pharmacists.

LOL sorry for the book overload but let me organize it for you based on prices (cheapest to most expensive):
"How to Become a Pharmacist: The Ultimate Guide to a Successful Career as a Pharmacist" by Gracie Elingston = $8
"How to Get a Job and Succeed as a Pharmacist" = $20 ish
"Letters to a Young Pharmacist: Sage Advice on Life & Career from Extraordinary Pharmacists" = $28
Now let me organize it for you based on how much I liked each book:
1. "Letters to a Young Pharmacist: Sage Advice on Life & Career from Extraordinary Pharmacists"
2. "How to Become a Pharmacist: The Ultimate Guide to a Successful Career as a Pharmacist"
3. "How to Get a Job and Succeed as a Pharmacist"

Hello again, everyone!

I was wondering if any pharmacists of pharmacy/pre-pharmacy students could recommend any good books on the profession or topics relating to the profession. I recently began to study for my PTCE and will be attending a few seminars by the NCBOP in the coming months. I'm fairly certain pharmacy is the route I wish to pursue, as I feel like I have a passion for the field. So, any good reading material you folks could recommend to give me some more knowledge about pharmacy would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Occupational Outlook Handbook coupled with working as a tech will do you justice.

After that sit down with your folks and get a copy of Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover.

Report your findings

Reactions: 1 users
Why Your Prescription Takes So Damn Long To Fill