Good community programs in large cities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daelroy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some quality community programs located in large cities in the west, midwest, mountain and east coast. Not really interested in going to the south or southeastern U.S.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, you might want to reconsider, as the best community program in the country is Baylor in Dallas.

RADRULES said:
Well, you might want to reconsider, as the best community program in the country is Baylor in Dallas.

I don't thnk he was asking for the best program

Members don't see this ad :)
St Lukes in Milwaukee: Underrated. Great education. Lots of perks. I've met a couple of fellows from there, and they are almost uniformly very well trained.

Albert Einstein in Philly: Despite the name, not associated with Albert Einstein med school (in New York). Good community program.

Those are the best ones I saw when I interviewed 4 years ago.

RADRULES said:

Agree with above. Give this program a hard look.
They have really high boards pass rates, some of the happiest residents I have come across. Its a very 'academic' community program and competitive as hell to match. You'd better be AOA with stellar boards.

As for Dallas, its about as Southern as Atlanta. Its a pretty cosmopolitan/trendy (others would say snooty) city.

hans19 said:
Agree with above. Give this program a hard look.
They have really high boards pass rates, some of the happiest residents I have come across. Its a very 'academic' community program and competitive as hell to match. You'd better be AOA with stellar boards.

As for Dallas, its about as Southern as Atlanta. Its a pretty cosmopolitan/trendy (others would say snooty) city.

This is probably a dumb question, but what is the difference between academic programs and community programs? I thought it was whether or not it is associated with a university, but it seems that Baylor is a community program.