good gift for PA student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

randomdoc1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I own a clinic and am a practicing MD. One of my best hires moved on to PA school! What are good gifts for PA students? I'm obviously asking since I'd like something personalized and really meaningful and useful. I already got her a stethoscope and neurology grade reflex hammer. But she's done so much for our clinic, you have no idea! So I'm looking to see what else PA students find very useful. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I own a clinic and am a practicing MD. One of my best hires moved on to PA school! What are good gifts for PA students? I'm obviously asking since I'd like something personalized and really meaningful and useful. I already got her a stethoscope and neurology grade reflex hammer. But she's done so much for our clinic, you have no idea! So I'm looking to see what else PA students find very useful. Thanks in advance!
anything you would give a med student....although I am guessing gift certificates to restaurants would be nice for someone on a student budget...outback steakhouse, olive garden, etc

Reactions: 1 user
Perhaps an employment contract for when she's graduated? LOL

Reactions: 1 users
I gave out stethoscopes to friends who got into nursing school and PA schools. Beyond that, medical themed gifts lose their charm and symbolism, just like giving a suture kit or a speculum would. A generous gift card to Costco or something along those lines communicate appreciation. A mention that she is welcome to come work with you guys would probably give her a shot in the arm in this environment, although I’d never personally risk ruining a good relationship by adding a work relationship to any friendship. If you want to communicate to her that you want to help her career, the best token is an offer to help her get started in her first job somewhere. No need to overdo a gift since it’s the thought that counts, and you really can’t repay good performance adequately without a really nice paycheck. Maybe you went above and beyond with your compensation while she worked for you. In any event, keeping it light and simply communicating utmost respect verbally is the most poignant thing I’ve ever been given. It never got old hearing things like “you are the best student I’ve ever had” or “when you start looking for work, I’ll start making phone calls for you.”

Reactions: 1 users