Good GRE Score...Scholarships for DPT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JHess2008

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just found these boards randomly on the internet and I have to say, they are a godsend. I wish I found this website earlier in my academic career.

I just graduated with my undergraduate in Health Sciences Pre-Clinical as well as completed minors in Business Administration and Exercise Physiology. As you can surmise, I veered from physical therapy for a while due to concerns of tuition.

I have a near perfect GPA (3.980, just one B... -_-) but I could not find any competitive scholarships for physical therapy tuition based on GPA (just graduate scholarships open to the entire university).

I have to retake the GRE so I was wondering if it was possible or if anyone heard you can receive a scholarship based on a high score?

Thank you so much!

J

Members don't see this ad.

LIU offers merit scholarships in the amount of $10,000 per year so a total of $30,000 over 3 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Arcadia awarded me a $33,000 scholarship over 7 semesters (the last spring semester in 2015 is only $1,000-we graduate in Feb. 2015)

LIU tuition is $1,000 a credit and there are 118 credits so $118,000 total for the program. It's a private school. However, they have an partnership with the New York Board of Education where if you sign a contract to work for them for 4 9 month school years after you graduate, they pay for your 2nd and 3rd year tuition completely. Several of the NYC area schools have this affiliation (I know for sure that New York Med, NYU, NYIT, and Columbia). So, that is another thing to consider.