Good Hand Surgeon in Manhattan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

indiamacbean

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a cardiology fellow in the south and just got a call from my mom who broke her wrist in Manhattan and apparently has a fracture that needs surgery. can anyone recommend a particular surgeon or even institution that is particularly strong in hand surgery in Manhattan. She is one the faculty at Mt. Sinai SOM but ortho is so far from either of our areas of focus that I didn't know what to tell her. thanks!
 
SOOOOOOO many Great hand surgeons in Manhattan.

If you want a big name guy you might have to pay CASH money. Many of the "big" names are associated with residency and fellowship training programs, so there is a possibility the residents or fellows will be doing the case (not that I think that is necessarily a bad thing).

The following programs all have great hand surgery programs and very well known attending surgeons. You would be well served at any of them.

HJD
HSS
Columbia
Mt. Sinai

I'm sure many other places, private surgeons are great as well.