Good Idea or Bad Idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnArabiaNight

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sending a picture (same one you submitted with your secondary) along with your thank you notes just to make sure they remember who you are?

Members don't see this ad.

Sending a picture (same one you submitted with your secondary) along with your thank you notes just to make sure they remember who you are?

i'd say no. seems weird to me.

I also say no. The point of thank you notes isn't to win brownie points; it's just polite and a professional courtesy that should really be second nature if your mama raised you right.

Members don't see this ad :)
:)

Last edited:
That seems a little awkward to me. If you are not trying to boost your app with a thank you, it really doesn't matter if your interviewer can match a name to a face. On the flip side, if you are trying to give your application an edge, thank you letters only "matter" to interviewers who have come to expect them from applicants. If you have one of those interviewers, believe me, they will remember who you are all on their own.

So, by definition, thank-you notes are supposed to be sent to THANK the interviewer for taking time out of their hectic schedule to interview you. Although I am sure they are aware that the thank-you note is often just sent for applicants hoping to boost their application post-interview, I don't think they are ready for something like a picture yet. At least pretend to only be writing this out of courtesy...

I think that's a bad idea.

Well depending on your interviewer's gender and your level of attractiveness, maybe...