Good idea????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

triptrip21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELLO! I'm currently a 10th grader... And hoping to become a clinical pharmicist. In 9th grade I Finnished with a 4.1 in all honors classes. I have 20 volunteer hours but non at a pharmacy or anything. Anyways is it a good idea over summer for 11th grade and during year and summer 12th grade to go to my community collage and get like a science minor to knock out all of my prerequisites? Then apply strait to the professional pharmacy program somewhere? This would save me almost 50k and be much better? Is this a good idea?

Members don't see this ad.

Where are you?
Be aware that some pharmacy schools don't accept pre-reqs taken at community college. Make sure to research the admissions requirements of the pharmacy school you want to attend.

Where are you?
Be aware that some pharmacy schools don't accept pre-reqs taken at community college. Make sure to research the admissions requirements of the pharmacy school you want to attend.
North Carolina only 3 pharmacy schools...

Members don't see this ad :)
good idea, you are talent with 4.1 in all honors classes.

If you already know you want to do pharmacy, start looking into 6-year programs. That way you can go straight into the pharmacy route.

good idea, you are talent with 4.1 in all honors classes. i hope you will true

good idea, you are talent with 4.1 in all honors classes. i hope you will true
Ok thx. What's your opinion on what pms_t said about some schools may not take the credits?

Reactions: 1 user
Make sure you work in a pharmacy, especially in a retail setting before going to pharmacy school. With the job market and overall job environment getting worse for pharmacists each year, do not rush to sign away hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loans to go to pharmacy school.

Reactions: 1 user
Most schools want your upper sciences taken at a regular 4 year college. Technically you can be a non matriculating student and take classes at a 4 yr. So you could technically do so but what's the rush? College was a good time. There's a lot of personal growth that you can't speed up. Just go with the flow and do well. Enjoy wrestling because once HS is over there's no more 2 days, no more weigh ins, no more tournaments. And you end up being the typical old guy wishing you could relive playing sports. Plus like stoich and others have said. Pharmacy right now isn't the easiest to find jobs and who knows how it'll be when you graduate. If you take the pre-reqs for pharmacy at least you'd be able to pivot to another healthcare profession if you end up wanting to change your mind when the time comes

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
It's a pretty large leap from high school and CC courses to pharmacy school. Undergrad courses at a 4 year university would probably prepare you to be more successful in pharmacy school.

As a 10th grader, I would keep your options open. Computer science, accounting, engineering, finance, physician assistant, etc. are all much better career paths. They provide high pay and better job outlooks without you having to graduate with $200k+ in debt to go into pharmacy where retail makes up the majority of jobs.