good impression w/ Western U.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cccat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
however it was not my primary choice of the school, i really had good impression w/ western u. Speically I like the part that how graduated western u students worked in diff. field of pharmacy profession. USN gave me awfull response when i asked how graduated students practice their profession among extensive opportunity of pharmacy profession. Students in Western U behaved very properly, professionally and nicely so dose professors. I could tell the school is putting their effort to become better ...... :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi cccat, did they tell you when you guys would hear back from them? in 2 weeks?

however it was not my primary choice of the school, i really had good impression w/ western u. Speically I like the part that how graduated western u students worked in diff. field of pharmacy profession. USN gave me awfull response when i asked how graduated students practice their profession among extensive opportunity of pharmacy profession. Students in Western U behaved very properly, professionally and nicely so dose professors. I could tell the school is putting their effort to become better ...... :)

What kind of response did you get from USN?

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year at my Western interview, I was really impressed with the campus and the faculty as well. Faculty and students were super friendly and nice. Interview was conversational rather than question and answer. They're so high tech too. With the 6 screens that project down and the plugs and slots for your laptops and the students sitting in a circle around the professors. I think it would've been a great school to attend. But I ended up attending USC based on reputation.

Having said all that, I remember they told us at the interview that regardless of whether you get accepted or not, you'll get the same sized envelope so open it. Don't know if they said the same thing this year. If they did, then they're lying; big package = accepted, small envelope = rejected. You really don't even need to open it.

Last year at my Western interview, I was really impressed with the campus and the faculty as well. Faculty and students were super friendly and nice. Interview was conversational rather than question and answer. They're so high tech too. With the 6 screens that project down and the plugs and slots for your laptops and the students sitting in a circle around the professors. I think it would've been a great school to attend. But I ended up attending USC based on reputation.

Having said all that, I remember they told us at the interview that regardless of whether you get accepted or not, you'll get the same sized envelope so open it. Don't know if they said the same thing this year. If they did, then they're lying; big package = accepted, small envelope = rejected. You really don't even need to open it.

I got accepted to Western this year and my acceptance letter was in a small envelope.

im planning to write thank you notes to the interviewers, as suggested by western u's website. i think i will write them emails but i want to know if that's good enough? i don't have their home address or their addresses at school, so i cant send them cards. hah anywayz i think that might be too much anywayz. so emails are okay right? for those who wrote thank you notes, did u do it over emails?

im planning to write thank you notes to the interviewers, as suggested by western u's website. i think i will write them emails but i want to know if that's good enough? i don't have their home address or their addresses at school, so i cant send them cards. hah anywayz i think that might be too much anywayz. so emails are okay right? for those who wrote thank you notes, did u do it over emails?

I actually wrote a thank you card. I send on the school address. with attendtion school of pharmacy and the name of the interviwer.

What kind of response did you get from USN?

I asked about how USN graduated students work in their profession while pharmacist have extensive career opportunity. Two professors could not answer instead USN student responded she is working on her postgraduate degree, master.
She said it is upto us how we develop or improve our way in our pharmacy profession. But i do not think that was what i asked about.