Quantcast

Good Luck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GenSurg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to all re-applicants this year. Don't let the fact that you were denied get you down. I too was a reapplicant, ended up being accepted to only one medical school in two years of applications. Almost done now, with stellar board scores, junior Alpha Omega Alpha, and my choice of residency. Keep your head up, work hard on improving your application where you can. I had mediocre MCATs and GPA of 3.6. I spent time working in health care, as a CNA, medical transcription, and in a clinical laboratory processing blood over two years. I think more and more, research is becoming important for applicants. Anything you can do as an undergrad or after college that you can talk about during an interview will be helpful. This is true even when applying for competitive residencies.

I can't stress how important it is to apply to the right schools. Find out of state private schools that are traditionally known for taking a large percentage of out of state students. If this is truly something you want to do, it will work out. Remember, it only takes one.

Yosh

Livin' in the WINDY CITY
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
That is an awesome and inspiring post!!

As I am pondering my 4th year choices and residency stress..as well as Step II boards...

It was GREAT to read!!!