Good Magazine Literature Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD021

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any good medical magazines that are on the premed level? I usually read before bed and I'm a bit bored of the usual sports and gaming magazines. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, try PRE-MED MAGAZINE. I think this is what it looks like on the cover...

rcinversion.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
i guess i got ripped to shreds pretty quickly lol

i guess i got ripped to shreds pretty quickly lol

Sorry bud...just needed a laugh. I really don't know of any specific mag on a "premed" level. Consumer Reports on Health is a good one for just general health news and advice. I would imagine if you go to a Borders or something, you will find at least one medical mag that will interest you.

Read the Economist.

I read Wired, and read the NYTimes and sometimes wallstreet journal. but the generic science magazines like discover/american scientist/sciam are also okay... i just happen to prefer technology reading over particle physics drivel - but if you want to get smart, read the economist or political magazines with the purpose of reading a far left or far right opinion. You'll get better at VR just by having read a lot of articles that could be critically interpreted.

Yeah, try PRE-MED MAGAZINE. I think this is what it looks like on the cover...

rcinversion.jpg

:laugh: that made my evening.

i love sdn.

OP: i read time and newsweek. its good for current events plus has some science and health articles (admittedly written on a popular science-type level, nothing as detailed as a science journal).

cool, thanks for all the suggestions; theres a lot of online stuff i like reading but i wanted a hard copy of something to read

I second Wired Magazine. Fascinating, well written stuff.

Reading books is sometimes more helpful if you want to learn about a bigger topic. I read a great book this week called the Ascent of Money by Niall Fergeson. Hes a professor at harvard and all of his books are really cool. This ones about the financial history of the world up to the present moment - def check it out if you are interested in that kind of thing.