1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

good mcat prac. exam for diagnostic purposes???? ...

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by darzi, May 11, 2007.

1. darzi

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    does anyone know what exam is a good one to take for diagnostic purposes???? ...i know kaplan comes with one...i'm not sure EK does....

Thanks a bunch!

Brian

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rcd

rcd .2K Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    https://services.aamc.org/Publications/index.cfm?fuseaction=Product.displayForm&prd_id=179&prv_id=214

That's the best free practice exam you can take (straight from the publishers of the actually MCAT). Some people say it's harder [then the actual test], but I think more people say it's easier. AAMC, the publishers, say it's the same difficulty as the real thing.

Search this forum for "mcat 3r" without quotes for more information.

4. darzi

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    What if I wanted to buy a more accurate aamc one. Which should I use?

5. PseudomonasPAO1

PseudomonasPAO1 New Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Generally, AAMC CBT 8-10 seem to be the most representative of the current test. I've only taken 10 myself, but it did match my actual score.

6. saylorsdad

saylorsdad OSU-CHS OMSII
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    from what i've read nothing out there compares to this last test. I took the may 11 mcat and it was hard verbal very long, lots of calculations in ps, and a wide range of bio. The practice from kaplan wasn't close. I finished verbal with 8 min average on all practice tests, and finished with 1 min 30 sec on verbal. It was tough, just suck it up study and take test. Remember the score is scaled so the practice tests aren't that accurate.