1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Good MCAT VR prep books?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Toots, May 16, 2002.

1. Toots

Toots Dr. Librarian
    7+ Year Member

Hi!
    I'm starting my post-bacc in the fall (ugh!), but I'm already thinking towards MCATs, specifically VR. Anyone have any suggestions for good prep books that are similar to MCAT in content?? I figure you can't start too soon....

Thanks!
    Kristen

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. WISC-ite

WISC-ite Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The Examkracker VR book is one of the best on the market. They are also making a book called 101 Verbal passages that is coming out sometime in the summer.

Are you doing the MCP/Hahnemann post-bacc? If so, PM me as I would like to chat.

4. Toots

Toots Dr. Librarian
    7+ Year Member

I am doing Penn's post-bacc. Didn't even realize that MCP had one till a few weeks ago! Penn should work out well for me since I'll be working full time too.

Thanks for your suggestion!
    Kristen

5. Mr. Z

Mr. Z Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey a fellow philadelphian!

I've used a couple books and have been experimenting with some different techniques that are out there, and I have to agree with the above poster. Examkrackers seem to have the best grasp on the mcat material and the questions that are asked on it. They have a couple of techniques which I found interesting and thought could increase my score with sufficient practice. So I would recommend looking at their books.

I also heard the Columbia review has a pretty good verbal section.