Good News....Anyone else get acceptance to MWU-Chicago?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chitown23

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...finally i got some news i really waited for..an acceptance letter..woo hoo..after being denied at uic and purdue..i got admissions at midwestern downers grove...anyone else get accepted yet?...let me know..weird how midwestern takes only like 10 days to give me a reply.while every other institution takes months..more schools need to act like mwu...i still gotta wait for nvcp..mwu-glendale..and university of minn....well guys..if ur gonna be my classmates next year at mwu..let me know..thanks.. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

chitown23 said:
Hey guys...finally i got some news i really waited for..an acceptance letter..woo hoo..after being denied at uic and purdue..i got admissions at midwestern downers grove...anyone else get accepted yet?...let me know..weird how midwestern takes only like 10 days to give me a reply.while every other institution takes months..more schools need to act like mwu...i still gotta wait for nvcp..mwu-glendale..and university of minn....well guys..if ur gonna be my classmates next year at mwu..let me know..thanks.. :laugh:

I'm still waiting to hear from Downers Grove.

I was admitted to CCP last year. I was looking forward to going, but I ultimately picked CPG. Looking back, I would have been CRAZY to attend a 4-year instead of a 3-year program. The best school is the one that accepts you. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
hey chitown girl, i was accepted in february. congrats on your acceptance! are you planning to stay on campus or commute?

BIGA121781 said:
hey chitown girl, i was accepted in february. congrats on your acceptance! are you planning to stay on campus or commute?
Chitown 23 and Chitowngirl are different people as far as I know. Chitown 23 started this thread...

BIGA121781 said:

Yeah,there are two of us! There's Chitown23 and me, chitowngyrl.

But I also got an acceptance letter from MWU-DG a couple a days ago. I don't know which way I want to go yet. I also got accepted into UIC a week prior. Both schools have their strong points and I don't want to choice the wrong school and be upset. I am so confused. :confused:

Oh and congratulations Chitown23!
I know you were feeling really bummed out about everything. I am glad to hear that you got MWU! Good luck on the rest of the schools! :D

chitowngyrl said:
Oh and congratulations Chitown23!
I know you were feeling really bummed out about everything. I am glad to hear that you got MWU! Good luck on the rest of the schools! :D

yes definelty still pist at uic..but what can u do..i would definelty recommend u go to uic..not that i woudlnt want u as my class mate.. ;) ...but it is in chicago..and chicago is the ****..compared to dg..i mean my bro goes to mwu dg..and he is a p1 there..it seems he spends way to much time stydin compared to uic student...but then uic is more research oriented..which kinda sucks..and the building blows..but u get used to it..at least its in a medical distrcit..which priovdies a lot of oppurtunites...well let me know what u do..and thanks for the congrats....im happy u got in too..

BIGA121781 said:

bigga if u talkin to me..im gonna commute..the main reason is because i live in lombard..which is the suburb irght nextdoor to downers grove...i hate the fact of stayin home..means im under house arrest basically..no more drikin! :eek: ...but life goes on..what u doin..where u go to school currently...

oh sorry. i must have been thinking chytowngryl when typing..yeah im probably staying on campus. i currently go to ohio state and i think staying on campus will be a good way for me to meet some people. is the dg area a pretty lively place or do you have to commute all the way to chicago?

BIGA121781 said:
oh sorry. i must have been thinking chytowngryl when typing..yeah im probably staying on campus. i currently go to ohio state and i think staying on campus will be a good way for me to meet some people. is the dg area a pretty lively place or do you have to commute all the way to chicago?

Dg is about a 20-30 min drive to downtown chicago..mwu is located in a pretty isolated area..right next to the suburb of oakbrook..which is one of the richest in the nation...like if u pass mwu and go more east..u would see masive mansions...but i mean if u just wanna stay in dg..u have 2 malls 5 min drive away..about 3 clubs 5 min away...resaruants..stores everythin are right there..just the liquor store is a bit away. :laugh: ...but u def need a car..no public transporation thats relable is there...from major airports u are lik 20-30 min as well...well let me know if u have any other questions..im 99.9% sure im going there..by the way whats ur name...are u for sure goin to mwu...and age?...peace

chitown23 said:
Dg is about a 20-30 min drive to downtown chicago..mwu is located in a pretty isolated area..right next to the suburb of oakbrook..which is one of the richest in the nation...like if u pass mwu and go more east..u would see masive mansions...but i mean if u just wanna stay in dg..u have 2 malls 5 min drive away..about 3 clubs 5 min away...resaruants..stores everythin are right there..just the liquor store is a bit away. :laugh: ...but u def need a car..no public transporation thats relable is there...from major airports u are lik 20-30 min as well...well let me know if u have any other questions..im 99.9% sure im going there..by the way whats ur name...are u for sure goin to mwu...and age?...peace

alright. its not that im planning to party every night or anything but i dont want to feel isolated for the next 4 years, especially since i come from a big school and all. as of now im still awaiting a decision from ohio state but if i dont get in here then im definitely going to mwu. by the way my name is al and im 22. you?

BIGA121781 said:
alright. its not that im planning to party every night or anything but i dont want to feel isolated for the next 4 years, especially since i come from a big school and all. as of now im still awaiting a decision from ohio state but if i dont get in here then im definitely going to mwu. by the way my name is al and im 22. you?

Ohio state hard to get into or what?...my names Rahul...go to uic right now...pretty siked about gettin in man...makes life s omuch ezier..finals comin up..dont have to stress anymore...anyone else get into MWU-DG..?

I got into Midwestern Downers Grove too. I'm on the waiting list for UIC, so for now it looks like I'll be at Midwestern. I don't know how I feel about all the group work though.