good numbers, mediocre extracurriculars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lightofmylife

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
looks like you'll have about as good a shot as anyone at the top schools... if you apply to all the ca's i can't see you not getting into at least one of them (just don't blow off the secondaries/interviews... or do, you might be ok anyway)

California schools are funny. They seem to want you to stand out in some way since there are so many outstanding applicants. With luck, they'll feel your numbers alone are enough of a wow-factor, since your research and other ECs seem pretty average. "Top Twenty" schools seem to be similiar except that substantive research is commonly seen in their accepted students. The few that don't have it have incredible leadership credentials or amazing humanistic endeavors. The take home message is, make no assumptions. Even someone with your terrific stats needs to apply broadly.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the advise. i guess i'm going to bump up the ec's

thanks for the advise. i guess i'm going to bump up the ec's

Yup, and if its top tier that your shooting at, like Stratego mentioned, look toward research. A publication would be very helpful.