Good OMM technique for lumbosacral back pain?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

as90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My mom has been experiencing a lot of lower back pain recently due to the fact that she has been moving a lot of boxes. This has been a chronic issue but with our recent move it has been exacerbated more so. She hears a lot of cracking in her lower back when she bends and she believes that the paraspinal muscles are moving her spine in one direction. It might be hypertonicity of the muscles, I was thinking?

She is 52 years old and doesn't have insurance, so she is saving up for some imaging of her back. I tried myofascial release, because I didn't want to do anything that would be too direct. Do you guys have anything that you like to use in patients with these types of dysfunctions? She does have a history of osteoporosis in her family that she had been taking medication for.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
My mom has been experiencing a lot of lower back pain recently due to the fact that she has been moving a lot of boxes. This has been a chronic issue but with our recent move it has been exacerbated more so. She hears a lot of cracking in her lower back when she bends and she believes that the paraspinal muscles are moving her spine in one direction. It might be hypertonicity of the muscles, I was thinking?

She is 52 years old and doesn't have insurance, so she is saving up for some imaging of her back. I tried myofascial release, because I didn't want to do anything that would be too direct. Do you guys have anything that you like to use in patients with these types of dysfunctions? She does have a history of osteoporosis in her family that she had been taking medication for.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I would discuss this with either your OMM Faculty, the OMM fellows, or if you have a Family Medicine preceptor who does OMT, discuss it with him/her

But this thread is seeking medical advice, and is in violation of SDN's Terms of Service (User Agreement)

Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.