Good PA but bad AA should I apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreDDS hopeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if I should apply to dental schools this year? My DAT scores are PA25, QR15, RC17, Bio19, GC17, OChem19, TS18, and AA17. These scores are low but my PA scores are good so I don't know if I should invest the money in applications. My gpa is 3.82 all of which are sciences but I transferred from a community college where I got my associates degree. My gpa there ended as a 3.552 but I'm not sure what my science gpa is from there or if it will be important. Any positive feedback is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Average AA of matriculation is 20, so you are at the average for all DAT takers, leaving you at a severe disadvantage. For most schools, the AA is the most important school. Your QR score is also below the cutoff for most score, not the PAT. Furthermore, any classes you've taken at CC will be counted in your AADSAS GPA, so your GPA will go down.

You can look at schools you want to apply to and check their cutoff scores. Some may not have them(?), but if I were you, I would retake the DAT. You can still apply without a DAT score.