Good Peds book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paws

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking over the peds books and wondered what other people might have used. I am leaning towards the Appleton & Lange but I really have no idea at all and I didn't see a thread on it already.

This would be for OS lectures as well as my imminent peds rotation ... (iminent? imanent ...? I have lost the ability to spell and it's only second year.) :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, I will answer my own question. Nelson's Essentials of Pediatrics. Good for pediatric OS and good for clinical roations.

:)

If you don't want to use a big text, Blueprints for Pediatrics is really good too.
If you have to take the shelf, pre-test is good as well, although maybe a little picky on some stuff.
I would also search old threads about books, I know this topic has been discussed before.

Members don't see this ad :)
If taking a shelf...Pretest was by far the most useful. Nitpicky and makes you feel like you know absolutely nothing which is pretty good motivation to study more.

Uptodate for focused problems pertaining to each patient. I read some of Blueprints. NMS Peds is good for reference too. My #1 source was Pretest and I did fine on the shelf.

I can tell you that first aid for peds is terrible. Please don't waste your time with it. Pretest was great.

dfagod said:
I can tell you that first aid for peds is terrible. Please don't waste your time with it. Pretest was great.

Nelson or Lane for resource. Pretest for shelf.