SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Good place to live in Cincinnati?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Eddiebliss, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Eddiebliss

Eddiebliss Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 21, 2000
    Cleveland, OH, USA
    Hi, can any UC students recommend some good places to live in Cincinnati? I'm coming from Cleveland, so I have no idea about the neighborhoods, which areas are safe, etc. Any help would be great! Thanks
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. monique

monique Member 7+ Year Member

May 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, OH
    Hey Eddie,

I am currently an undergrad at UC and will be attending medical school there next year. Anyway, the majority of UC students live in Clifton. Clifton has good sides and bad sides; Clifton Gaslight is good (and expensive), Corryville is not so good, Clifton Heights is decent.

There are also a couple of neighborhoods near campus that some students may stay in; Avondale, which is very close to the hospitals, is not a very good neighborhood; Hyde Park is lovely but, surprise surprise, also expensive.

Those are just a few ideas for you. You're welcome to email me if you have any more questions.

I guess I'll see you next year.
  4. leorl

leorl Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Jan 2, 2001
    monique, I don't know if I asked you this before, but I think I know you. Were you in CJS as a kid?
  5. monique

monique Member 7+ Year Member

May 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, OH

i don't know what CJS stands for, so i don't think i know you. i'm originally from springfield, oh.