Good post-bac programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Garibaldo

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Molecular and Cellular Biology major at Cal going into my third year and my GPA is suffering (2.9). I intend to bring myself around in the next two years and take my MCATs soon. I've done research in a histology lab and volunteer work in a hospital. Since I have a good curriculum to back me up against the MCATs, I think I can score in the mid to upper 30's. Let's say I get almost all A's in my upper division science courses and I really do score in that range. With that in mind, what post bac programs should I consider applying to with these stats? I've read some posts where people mentioned post-bac programs that accept students directly into the medical school in the same institution. Do schools like this exist and what are the chances of that happening? I'm willing to spend 1-2 years at most in a post-bac program raising my GPA to be a better applicant. I am not so open to the idea of osteopathic schools, but I am willing to consider it. Also, do med schools *really* consider the added difficulty of the science curriculum at Berkeley vs. lower tier schools or is that something they just glance at? Suggestions? Comments? Stories? Hate mail?

Members don't see this ad.