Good Questions to ask during a retail job interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Charlottefromca

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I have a job interview right before the holidays for an Rph position and I'm a little loss about what to ask. I know the job market is a little saturated these days so I don't want ot come off as took picky and aggressive (ie.. what is the salary? will i get my own store immediately?) but I want to sound interested.

So far the only questions I can think of are regarding the training of new Rphs and how Rphs are evaluated within the company.

Any ideas of more questions that will effectively demonstrate my interest with a company. I can't really ask company related Q's since I've been working as an intern for 3 years at this chain and I pretty much know the basics.

thanks for any help!
 
I would ask questions regarding advancement within the company. This shows that you are a go getter and are in it for the long haul.
 
Hi everyone, I have a job interview right before the holidays for an Rph position and I'm a little loss about what to ask. I know the job market is a little saturated these days so I don't want ot come off as took picky and aggressive (ie.. what is the salary? will i get my own store immediately?) but I want to sound interested.

So far the only questions I can think of are regarding the training of new Rphs and how Rphs are evaluated within the company.

Any ideas of more questions that will effectively demonstrate my interest with a company. I can't really ask company related Q's since I've been working as an intern for 3 years at this chain and I pretty much know the basics.

thanks for any help!


If you want them to see you are commited to working for them, you can ask how committed the company is to promoting from within, transfer/promotion opportunities, benefits, etc.

Good Luck! 👍
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I have a job interview right before the holidays for an Rph position and I'm a little loss about what to ask. I know the job market is a little saturated these days so I don't want ot come off as took picky and aggressive (ie.. what is the salary? will i get my own store immediately?) but I want to sound interested.

So far the only questions I can think of are regarding the training of new Rphs and how Rphs are evaluated within the company.

Any ideas of more questions that will effectively demonstrate my interest with a company. I can't really ask company related Q's since I've been working as an intern for 3 years at this chain and I pretty much know the basics.

thanks for any help!

Why do I want to work retail?
 
Why do I want to work retail?

May I please work 12 hours without a bathroom break, without food, or even a stool?

also,

How many gift cards may I give away per day to customers who cuss at me?

also,

How many flu shots do I have to give to keep my job? What percent of my scripts must be filled generic?

and if you want to really show your commitment,

How many technician hours may I cut from the schedule?
 
To me, having a bathroom in the pharmacy was more important than having a scheduled meal break.
 
Sadly I think a lot of chains do not have bathrooms in their pharmacy because its considered a "loss prevention issue"..

But good thing most bathrooms are near the pharmacy (just outside the door) so if you gotta go.. you go. Unless i'm drinking nitrofurantoin fortified water.. I def will pee when i need to pee.. no me gusta UTIs..
 
May I please work 12 hours without a bathroom break, without food, or even a stool?

also,

How many gift cards may I give away per day to customers who cuss at me?

also,

How many flu shots do I have to give to keep my job? What percent of my scripts must be filled generic?

and if you want to really show your commitment,

How many technician hours may I cut from the schedule?

Do I get to be an insurance agent?

Can I be responsible for someone's copay to be too high?

Will customers stare me down all day?
 
Thanks for the help everyone 🙄

I had my interview already and they gave me a job offer. In case anyone was wondering 🙂
 
I've never been able to get a pharm tech position. Luckily I just got accepted to pharm school so I can stop trying.