Good Samaritan TY - Corvallis, OR

Started by dquacken
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dquacken

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello fellow osteopaths,

Could someone provide information on this program? I've been browsing online and haven't found much...Some background on me: I want to do a TY, go into flight medicine with the Air Force for a few years, and then apply for psych.

Thanks for your future help!
 
There are three electives, a residents OMM clinic, peds at Legacy in Portland, rotation at VA in Portland. Great small university town, especially if you like rain/grey skies.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Corvallis is very friendly in general and the medical community is great. The only thing missing for us is the lack of restaurants compared to a larger city.

Good Luck
 
I worked in Corvallis 15 yr ago, long before Western U/COMP-NW was there. Good Sam has been there forever and I know a little about the politics. I've wondered too how things are in the residency programs there as they are new. I know the FM program director, great lady, but if I choose FM would likely be closer to home in the SE (left Oregon in 2006).
Any fellowships there yet?