Good strategy to prepare for USMLE Step 2 CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

phagocytosis41

Membership Revoked
Removed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all I am just wondering what a good strategy is to prepare for USMLE Step 2 CK?
I take it in June and wondering if I should start redoing UWORLD or what?
Some people recommend Step up to CK and using OME.
Not sure how to approach this. Some people say study 1-2 months in advance, but jw. Thanks.
 
You already did a pass of UW step 2 ck? My plan is to do UWORLD, read ome during dedicated, and have one brief reference book(really don't matter, but I'm choosing FA). Friend at school scored 260+ and he only did uw during rotations and ome during dedicated. He did uw a total of 2x then his incorrects. He tried reading stepup to med, but dropped that since it was too much.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You already did a pass of UW step 2 ck? My plan is to do UWORLD, read ome during dedicated, and have one brief reference book(really don't matter, but I'm choosing FA). Friend at school scored 260+ and he only did uw during rotations and ome during dedicated. He did uw a total of 2x then his incorrects. He tried reading stepup to med, but dropped that since it was too much.
when you say OME, is that the text version of it and not the video right? You don't watch the OME videos?
Is FA enough to do well on Step 2/Level 2?
 
when you say OME, is that the text version of it and not the video right? You don't watch the OME videos?
Is FA enough to do well on Step 2/Level 2?

He personally read the text and didn't watch the vid. I think it was more of a time crunch anyway, and if you're in dedicated, don't think you should be reviewing the basics like the vids unless you really need a refresher. I didn't really like the vids myself as I lose attention. I like FA due to the layout. I didn't like stepup or master the boards, but it's up to you. I wouldn't stress over that part, but UW would be crucial.