Good Study Music??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ditto that. i'm a cellist/former orchestra member myself. i need monotonous, driving, minimalist trance or techno to get me through writing a paper or going over notes. ideally, though, if i'm just reading, and it's dense material...no music at all.

I think you would enjoy Kraftwerk.

Members don't see this ad.

Zero 7: simple things album

It got me through college, and hell or highwater, it's going to get me through medschool.

What a popular thread. I always listen to music when I study and it is always progressive house music. There are no lyrics to distract me and the mixes are usually about 1 hour 10 minutes long so there are no interruptions. Plus it worth it to buy some Shure earbuds. The cheapest ones are like $100 but it's totally worth it.

My iPod is filled with mixes by:

James Zabiela, Nick Warren, James Holden, Way Out West, DJ Icey, Sasha, John Digweed, Danny Howells, James Lavelle, DJ Z-Trip, Joey Mazzola, Mars &; Mystre, BT, Christopher Lawrence, Dave Seaman, Deep Dish, DJ Dan, Ferry Corsten, Lee Burridge, Mark Farina, Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, Unkle, Hybrid

Try it. The new John Digweed album Transitions 2 is perfect for studying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Braveheart soundtrack works well for me. If there's words then I usually end up tuning the music out and not listening to it. I'm going to go check out those FF soundtracks. :thumbup:

Vivaldi, The Four Seasons
Alice in Chains, Alice in Chains
Darkest Hour, The Mark of the Judas
Darkest Hour, Undoing Ruin
Metallica, Ride the Lightning
Metallica, And Justice for All
Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon
Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd, The Wall
Pink Floyd, Animals
Led Zeppelin, In Through the Out Door
The Doors, The Doors

:thumbup:

I'd agree with others on the more 'simplistic' classical or electronica type stuff for studying dense "learn this verbatim" type material. If it's not quite as intense I'd put on something a little more complex to let my left brain exercise too (Art Tatum anyone? Anyone????) If you can handle lyrics, Snow Patrol is pretty good, mellow but not boring. Also, if you're into Brit/alt, check out Arctic Monkeys. Fan-frickin-tastic!