Good Templates for History and Physicals/Progress Notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lodoc

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good templates they are willing to share that they are using for Progress notes and History and Physicals - particularly in inpatient settings? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you're just looking for general templates - the studentdoctor.net home page has links to downloadable templates.

If you want PM&R specifc I don't think they have any there...

axm397 said:
If you're just looking for general templates - the studentdoctor.net home page has links to downloadable templates.

If you want PM&R specifc I don't think they have any there...

Yeah, I was kind of looking for PM&R specific ones. I had checked out the generic ones on the studentdoctor site. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lodoc said:
Yeah, I was kind of looking for PM&R specific ones. I had checked out the generic ones on the studentdoctor site. Thanks.

Is your institution looking to have a computerized in-patient progress note in the near future? I've seen a few different ones, but it certainly does save some time, especially if information gets updated daily on the computer and the forms for each patient are just printed out in the morning. They don't seem to be much different from other computerized forms except for having space to put in functional progress, area in the plan for standard stuff like GI/DVT prophylaxis, bowel/bladder, etc. I could be wrong though..

Unfortunately, our H&P forms are printed out - it's 14 pages long.

HPI, Meds, Allergies, code status, current diet, PMH, PSH, pertinent lab results and imaging results, LONG social history (marital status, who lives with pt? how many steps to house, to bed room, bathroom, occupation, tobacco, drugs, alcohol), pre-morbid functional status, current(within a day or two of admission) functional status (dressing, ambulation, transfers, etc.), physical exam including a detailed neurologic exam, assessment and plan including impairments and disability, goals, factors that may interfere with pts reaching their goals (pain, endurance, etc.), plan by system (DVT, GI proph, cards, endocrine, etc. etc.) and 4 more billing/coding type stuff that the attending fills out.