Good VR timing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fullset

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I've ultimately figured out a strategy that works for me. I'm bilingual, and I translate everything to the other language. I've found that when I'm translating, I think harder about the material, and make good sense of it. My %correct has also improved a lot! The only flip side is that it takes me close to 9, sometimes 10 minutes to finish one passage. I know it is a little longer, but should I keep doing it, or should I try something else?

Members don't see this ad.

Well on the MCAT you have 7 VR passages and only 60 minutes to complete the exam. That puts you at 70 minutes just reading...you may want to work on a different method because you won't have any time to actually answer the questions. I think the biggest goal should be to get your timing down and do practice tests under strict timed conditions. If you can't finish reading the test, what good will it do getting a few more answers correct? Just some thoughts.

Edit -

Oh and since I've been at work the past 11.5 hours and it is 0630, I think I misread your question. You finish reading and answering the questions in 10 minutes. Thats still a little slow, I would definitely work on timing.