Got a 39 on Reading Comprehension; school requires at least a 40

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rak173

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it was 40 composite score or 40 in all sections but I emailed the school anyway. Anyone been in same situation?

Here my preliminary score report:

Verbal--------------52%
Biology-------------97%
Reading------------39%
Quantitative-------92% (Couldn't finish on time)
Chemistry---------99%
Composite---------92%

Members don't see this ad.

How was bio and chem, was it like Pearson practice tests? Or chem had a lot of calculations? Thanks

Bio and chem were easier than I expected. I didn't do any practice tests since I didn't get time but all I can say is you will do good if you study Dr. Collins. I studied Kaplan too but I found that it was just a waste of time. There is way too much info but Dr. collins was up to mark. Many questions were very similar to collins practice tests. Chem didn't had many calculations, maybe 4-5 calculation questions only but Quantitative was difficult to finish on time. If the question is too hard, skip it cuz chances are it may be an experimental question.

Oh okay, dr collins practice tests for both chem and bio seem really easy. Were the questions more detailed in depth? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh okay, dr collins practice tests for both chem and bio seem really easy. Were the questions more detailed in depth? Thanks

The test was as easy as the collins practice tests but you can read Kaplan for bio if you wanna score higher but only focus on the basics since kaplan goes in too much detail. Chem was really easy; if you could every collins practice tests in chem section, you should do great. The questions weren't detailed much but be sure to study microbiology in some detail. Kaplan's microbiology isn't enough IMO but collins does a good job on that. Good luck.

Not sure if it was 40 composite score or 40 in all sections but I emailed the school anyway. Anyone been in same situation?

Here my preliminary score report:

Verbal--------------52%
Biology-------------97%
Reading------------39%
Quantitative-------92% (Couldn't finish on time)
Chemistry---------99%
Composite---------92%
How did u get preliminary score? I wrote mine in canada and i got an ss and a pr score which makes no sense to me!! Help me plz

I just chose the "yes" option at the end of the test and my results were printed out with the percentiles.