got accepted at u pitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vasireddy96

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
finally the wait is over. i had just now recieved a mail from u pitt and i got an admission offer from them.
what a great relief.
is there anyone else who is comming to u pitt?

Members don't see this ad.

vasireddy96 said:
hi guys,
finally the wait is over. i had just now recieved a mail from u pitt and i got an admission offer from them.
what a great relief.

hey gopi
well done man, we were together at upenn and I am happy for you, I still remember the dinner we had together at that indian restaurant in phili
keep in touch

newtons%20law%20congratulations.jpg

vasireddy96 said:
hi guys,
what a great relief.

Congrats. :luck: :thumbup:

rahmed

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :thumbup:
GOOD LUCK FOR UR FUTURE.
I HAVE A Q-WT WAS UR SCORE?
IF U DONT MIND ME ASKING U.
BYE

vasireddy96 said:
hi guys,
what a great relief.

thank you nimesh, rahmed and dent b'lore.
it is so much pleasure to read my own acceptance letter after reading so many acceptance letters of others on SDN.
my stats-88, 82, 3.21, 277, and a graduate student in healthcare administration

congrats vasi reddy. party time now.
maybe u can lwrite abt ur interview experience for the benefit of students next yr.
:) :thumbup:

Hi,
Congrats. I know what a relief getting can acceptance can be.Enjoy your success. :thumbup:

congrats- good for you! like ann03 said it would be useful for newcomers if you post your experiences. Have fun

congratulations...............

C-grats!!!

I am interested in UPITT, and studying for July NBDE 1.

Can you tell me what was the bench test like, if you had one, and some important facts about interview?

How much time passed since you took your NBDE 1 to getting a mail of acceptance?

Thanks, all the best!

degol said:
C-grats!!!

I am interested in UPITT, and studying for July NBDE 1.

Can you tell me what was the bench test like, if you had one, and some important facts about interview?

How much time passed since you took your NBDE 1 to getting a mail of acceptance?

Thanks, all the best!
hi buddy,
i had already given my stats in one of the messages above. u can look in to that. but that is not the only criteria. one thing is for sure, u need to have part-2 score and good toefl i suppose.
for the bench exam we are asked to make PFm on #14, class-3 on 7( upper right lateral), class-2 preparation on 21 DO (lower left first premolar), rubbber dam placement, and then do an amalgam filling on already prepared class-II, thats it, we were given 4 hrs. besides these we had an interview which was really cool.
time between step one and admission offer- around 6 1/2 months.
hope i had answered what u wanted, let me know if u need anything else
vasireddy

Thank you very much, VASIREDY!

You are very kind.I intend to do NBDE 1 in july, and NBDE 2 in Sept or Oct this year.After that I would apply bcause, i think deadline is NOV 15.

Do you think my plan is realistic?

One more, and I won`t bother.Which books did you use for learning?Kaplan, decks, papers etc.

Thank you, once again! Hope to see you next year, or sooner...

degol said:
Thank you very much, VASIREDY!

You are very kind.I intend to do NBDE 1 in july, and NBDE 2 in Sept or Oct this year.After that I would apply bcause, i think deadline is NOV 15.

Do you think my plan is realistic?

One more, and I won`t bother.Which books did you use for learning?Kaplan, decks, papers etc.

Thank you, once again! Hope to see you next year, or sooner...
yes, it is very much realistic. but try to give ur part one by end of june (computer based), and then step2 by say mid-way in sept (compuetr based), this way u have enough time to prepare for both the exams.
u will get the results pretty soon and u will have enough time to prepare SOP and all that stuff.
at the same time u need to have patience and u need to back urselves. it is very easy to get discouraged midway.
all the best
vasireddy

did any1 else get in upitt?
how many poeple were thr for the interview and how got in?