Got an unexpected C+, my offer won't be rescinded right..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charles_Darwin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi team,

I got into my dream school and did really well this semester (all A's and one B+) except...well, for my TA job in which we got credit, I somehow ended up getting a C+. I'm very confused since my students loved me as a TA, but i'm more so worried that this will affect my acceptance letter.

This isn't a pre-req, and my GPA actually increased overall since I did so well in all my other classes, but has a school ever rescinded an offer for anything less than a B? Please comfort me with the truth, whatever that may be :(

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've read, usually you should only worry if you got below a C (D+). You should be all good!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it's a problem as long as it's a C or higher and you did say that your overall gpa increased. On a side note, I never knew that TA's were graded?

Reactions: 1 user
Yea Charles, don't worry they don't care unless you get a D.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think it's a problem as long as it's a C or higher and you did say that your overall gpa increased. On a side note, I never knew that TA's were graded?

In our school, the first time you're a TA/SI/Anything involving teaching really, you have to take a 3 credit course that's basically "training" during your first semester! Usually it's an easy A.

And thanks everyone for the advice! It ended up being a B- and not a C+, so I guess I'm actually in the clear!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users