Got MCAT today, do I wait to add schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xBODOMx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think your implying that you previously took the MCAT and this new score is a retake? If so, schools will see both scores so it doesnt matter. What do you mean by unofficial score?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes it was a retake. On the AACOMAS, there is a place that asks for unofficial MCAT numbers. I have both in there.

I was mainly asking since I just now sent my MCAT scores to the AACOMAS application, they won't be available for a few days, but I wanted to add schools today. I just don't want them to overlook my application because my new official score isn't in there.

If you stated on your application that a retake was planned, then schools will hold your application until you new MCAT is uploaded onto your AACOMAS application.

Reactions: 1 users
You're fine. Schools won't get your app for like a week anyways, and by then your schools will likely be verified. Unofficial scores are fine, but schools won't look at your completed app (with secondaries and all) until your MCAT is official.