Governor State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I Just wanna be a PT

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has anyone received an interview invite for Governor State yet? I have not heard back from them yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I have not heard back from them yet either. They sent an email awhile back saying they would notify of interview status no later than November 25. In that same email they said they will be scheduling interviews for December so hopefully we should be hearing soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I recently received an interview invite as well. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas about what makes this program special? Is there anything in particular that makes this school stand out? Any major selling points for attending here?

Ideas are sincerely appreciated.

I got accepted on 12/12! Super excited its my #1 choice! Is Governors State anyone else’s top choice or planning to attend??

Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted on 12/12! Super excited its my #1 choice! Is Governors State anyone else’s top choice or planning to attend??
My dude! Don't ball too much without me alright?!

I'm on the alternate list :(
Congrats to you two though!

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Don't be discouraged!! they got a lot of applicants but only interviewed about 100! The admission chair said he usually goes about 35 deep into the waitlist! your chances are still good just gotta be patient!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't be discouraged!! they got a lot of applicants but only interviewed about 100! The admission chair said he usually goes about 35 deep into the waitlist! your chances are still good just gotta be patient!
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I really needed it right now! With your empathetic skills, you will clearly make a great DPT!

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

I was accepted! Is there any facebook group or thread on here I should look out for??

I was accepted! Is there any facebook group or thread on here I should look out for??
Congrats Its Lit!! There is a Facebook group up! Just type in "Governors State University DPT Class of 2022" on facebook and Il approve you!

Congrats to all of you:)! I need advice please... GSU is my first choice and I hope to start next Summer. I actually just met with Dr. D yesterday, and now I'm nervous! I understand that admission is competitive. I found out that the acceptance ratio is 11:1. Also, I wish to boost up my GPA this coming Fall but it wouldn't count toward this cycle since the cutoff date is Oct 15th.

I know one thing I could make my application stands out would be high GRE score. What else would you guys recommend?
And if you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

Thank you in advance!

Hello! I have questions regarding the alternate list for you. Did they let you know your ranking? I heard that some schools let you know that you are in the top 5 on the wait list or so. What did you do during those few months while you were waiting to be admitted? Did you retake any courses or try another round of GRE? Thank you and congrats again!

Congrats to all of you:)! I need advice please... GSU is my first choice and I hope to start next Summer. I actually just met with Dr. D yesterday, and now I'm nervous! I understand that admission is competitive. I found out that the acceptance ratio is 11:1. Also, I wish to boost up my GPA this coming Fall but it wouldn't count toward this cycle since the cutoff date is Oct 15th.

I know one thing I could make my application stands out would be high GRE score. What else would you guys recommend?
And if you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

Thank you in advance!
Hey I’m on the same boat as well! I’m applying this upcoming cycle to GSU, Rosalind and Midwestern. However, GSU is my #1 choice. I’m also curious to know the stats of those accepted and congrats to those as well!

Hey I’m on the same boat as well! I’m applying this upcoming cycle to GSU, Rosalind and Midwestern. However, GSU is my #1 choice. I’m also curious to know the stats of those accepted and congrats to those as well!

Hi DPT432! Best of luck to you. I really wish I could apply at Midwestern and Rosalind too. I'm a Hoosier so I can't justify spending 4 hours each day commuting lol ( Moving is not my choice right now).
Where are you doing your prereqs?

I’m currently at Saint Xavier University right now so my commute would be around 1.5 hours if I go to Rosalind lol. Best of luck to yourself and studying for the GRE! I’m currently studying for it now too, hoping for the best.

Hi DPT432! Just checking up on you on your progress. Any update for GSU or MWU?