Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

GPA and Letters of Interest/Intent

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Decicco, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Decicco

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    A summary: On my AMCAS I had about a 4.0. When I get waitlisted, should I include my new GPA in LOIs if it is below (albeit marginally) this GPA? Will adcomms expect that I do so, and if so, will they want an offical transcript?

Thanks for answering all these questions--hopefully they help out other people too. My sincere intention was not to sound like an a-hole with a high GPA (ie, please don't flame me) :scared:.

#1 Decicco, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. RySerr21

RySerr21 i aint kinda hot Im sauna
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Dear God no dont tell anybody. Dropping from a 4.0 to a 3.9 is enough to be rejected immidiately. Hide it by all means.

3. Decicco

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    And to think that my holiday avatar would cause the seasonal "goodwill toward men" ;)

Anyone else?

4. efitzpat

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I think mentioning grades is only important if you needed improvement. Obviously you didn't. So, if you do send a letter, then definitely just focus on your interest in the school.

I, on the other hand, need to get back to studying for finals so I can pull up my grades and let all the schools know that I am a badass despite some past less-than-perfect grades....