• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

Decicco

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2007
MN
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
A summary: On my AMCAS I had about a 4.0. When I get waitlisted, should I include my new GPA in LOIs if it is below (albeit marginally) this GPA? Will adcomms expect that I do so, and if so, will they want an offical transcript?

Thanks for answering all these questions--hopefully they help out other people too. My sincere intention was not to sound like an a-hole with a high GPA (ie, please don't flame me) :scared:.

Last edited:

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Dear God no dont tell anybody. Dropping from a 4.0 to a 3.9 is enough to be rejected immidiately. Hide it by all means.

Decicco

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2007
MN
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Dear God no dont tell anybody. Dropping from a 4.0 to a 3.9 is enough to be rejected immidiately. Hide it by all means.

And to think that my holiday avatar would cause the seasonal "goodwill toward men" ;)

Anyone else?

efitzpat

10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2008
San Diego
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I think mentioning grades is only important if you needed improvement. Obviously you didn't. So, if you do send a letter, then definitely just focus on your interest in the school.

I, on the other hand, need to get back to studying for finals so I can pull up my grades and let all the schools know that I am a badass despite some past less-than-perfect grades....

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.