GPA Calculation With A Lot of Credit Hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quintomedic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have searched the forums to see if this question was already answered and did not have any luck for anything that is similar to my situation. My understanding for when AMCAS/AACOMAS calculates your GPA, anything that is taken at the undergraduate level goes into your uGPA calculation. Since I am very late to deciding that medical school is really what I want to accomplish. I currently have 237 credit hours. I have a BS in Marketing and almost completed a BS in Forensic Science. I also have an AS to obtain my paramedic certification. I also completed a year (approx. 30 credits) for dual enrollment which I was still in high school for. I think I continue to confuse my self in where to categorize all these credits into. Is the second bachelors degree considered a post bacc because I was pursing it after my first bachelors degree, but not necessarily for pre-med purposes? How do I categorize the associates degree as well since that was also after I completed my first bachelors degree?

Bit more of breakdown here for easier reading:
Dual Enrollment: 31 credits
BS Marketing: 109 credits
AS Paramedic: 46 credits
BS Forensic Science (not completed): 51 credits

Members don't see this ad.

For both AMCAS and AACOMAS, any credits obtained after the completion of your initial BA/BS degree are considered post-baccalaureate. This would include your BS Forensic Science and your AS Paramedic.

For AMCAS, dual enrollment courses (excluding AP/CLEP courses) are designated high school.
For AACOMAS, dual enrollment courses are designated freshman undergraduate.

Anyone is free to correct me if things have changed for the 2021-2022 cycle!

Edited to include info links:

AMCAS (Coursework info starts p. 26)

AACOMAS:

Reactions: 1 user