GPA calculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

supernareg

do they take in account for ALL grades recieved (just like AMCAS)? or does the AACOMAS take the highest grade?

i.e. for my case, a year and half ago i took calc and got an F. i took calc last quarter and got an A.

amcas will give a C or 2.00 for it (average of A and F)

what will AACOMAS take it as? C 2.00 or the replaced grade of A 4.00?

Members don't see this ad.

do they take in account for ALL grades recieved (just like AMCAS)? or does the AACOMAS take the highest grade?

i.e. for my case, a year and half ago i took calc and got an F. i took calc last quarter and got an A.

amcas will give a C or 2.00 for it (average of A and F)

what will AACOMAS take it as? C 2.00 or the replaced grade of A 4.00?

When AACOMAS calculates your GPA, only the latest retake of a given class is calculated into the GPA, the earlier retakes are not included in the calculation. I think "replaced" isn't a good word to use, however, since all your retakes for a given class are still listed, but only your latest one is included in the GPA calculation.

so basically they wont calculate the F into my final GPA (whereas AMCAS would)

i'd get the complete A, and not the average of C.... from my understanding right spiceD?

so basically they wont calculate the F into my final GPA (whereas AMCAS would)

i'd get the complete A, and not the average of C.... from my understanding right spiceD?

Yes, that's correct, only the "A" will be included in the GPA calculation; you can ignore the "F" you received the first time you took Calc for the purposes of GPA calculation.