1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

GPA calculation

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by supernareg, May 14, 2007.

1. supernareg

supernareg Guest

Pre-Medical
    do they take in account for ALL grades recieved (just like AMCAS)? or does the AACOMAS take the highest grade?

i.e. for my case, a year and half ago i took calc and got an F. i took calc last quarter and got an A.

amcas will give a C or 2.00 for it (average of A and F)

what will AACOMAS take it as? C 2.00 or the replaced grade of A 4.00?

2. spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    When AACOMAS calculates your GPA, only the latest retake of a given class is calculated into the GPA, the earlier retakes are not included in the calculation. I think "replaced" isn't a good word to use, however, since all your retakes for a given class are still listed, but only your latest one is included in the GPA calculation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    supernareg

supernareg Guest

Pre-Medical
    so basically they wont calculate the F into my final GPA (whereas AMCAS would)

i'd get the complete A, and not the average of C.... from my understanding right spiceD?

4. spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yes, that's correct, only the "A" will be included in the GPA calculation; you can ignore the "F" you received the first time you took Calc for the purposes of GPA calculation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...