GPA calculations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lv2laugh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am new to the whole dental application process/requirements.
I am a sophomore studying biochemistry at University of Toronto in Canada. I am wondering about the calculation of GPA ie. the weighing of the grades. Will the last 2 years be weighed heavier or all years are fair game?
Also, can anyone advise me to a DAT thread where I can find out more info on it and when it is better to take the test?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a sophomore studying biochemistry at University of Toronto in Canada. I am wondering about the calculation of GPA ie. the weighing of the grades. Will the last 2 years be weighed heavier or all years are fair game?
Also, can anyone advise me to a DAT thread where I can find out more info on it and when it is better to take the test?

Thanks!

All years are fair game. Although, a certain GPA looks a lot better if there is an upward trend. As far as the DAT goes...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=70

... to add to the above, it looks great when have A's in upper-level courses, esp. sciences. IMO thou.
Good luck.

Thanks!

everyone is telling the truth in this thread.

Anyway, I know some CANADA D-schools emphasize on the last two yr coursework.

If it's specified in a Dschool's website, that must be true!

If not, it may be subjective and can be differently interpreted depending on the situation. SITUATION = OVERALL :)