gpa calculator?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

russellfx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a specific type of GPA calcutor that can do this:

I have a total GPA for lets say my freshmen and sophomore year. I want to figure out based on that what my final GPA would be if I got consecutive 4.0's for the remaining two years .. or consecutive 3.6's etc..

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about this:

((current GPA) * (current hours) + (future GPA) * (future hours)) / ((current hours) + (future hours))

or how about a quick estimate, assuming (current hours) roughly equals (future hours)
((current GPA) + (future GPA)) / 2

Seriously, is this all that hard?

Hey that's my calculator!

Yes, it'll work for AMCAS as well as AACOMAS. Just the re-taking the course is different - and what you classify as science vs. not science. But I use it to calculate my grades for both AMCAS and AACOMAS without any problems.

Hey that's my calculator!

haha. hey at least i didn't just take the excel sheet and claim it as my own work :D from the link you can figure out whos calculator it is :hardy:

Bump. Check out the link in my sig. Good luck.

haha. hey at least i didn't just take the excel sheet and claim it as my own work :D from the link you can figure out whos calculator it is :hardy:

Haha, didn't say you did. I was just surprised anyone except me has actually used it. :p

I'm about to add more features to it actually.

Updated the calculator :).

I haven't looked at your calculator, but do script in VBA?

I have done it before, but I didn't use any macros/scripts for this.

I have been looking for a good online GPA calculator that can help me calculate my science GPA and let me play with what-ifs. Finally I found one at Google. If you have a Google (e.g. Gmail) account, you will be able to save your own private copy which you can update anytime.

It even includes a help video that shows you what you can do with it. Really cool!

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pAU0ilBnH0b-CPLCE_OuTRQ&hl=en&newcopy