GPA(community college+ 4-year university)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jclaude2007

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just wondering does the AMCAS calculate both of your community college and 4-year university GPA when they calculate your total GPA or they just count your 4- year university GPA?
Thank you for responding guys!!
 
I'm just wondering does the AMCAS calculate both of your community college and 4-year university GPA when they calculate your total GPA or they just count your 4- year university GPA?
Thank you for responding guys!!

They count every college level class you ever took that didn't go towards a master's degree.
 
I mean do they count both GPA ( CC GPA and university GPA) to come out with your final GPA or they count the university GPA as your final GPA??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean do they count both GPA ( CC GPA and university GPA) to come out with your final GPA or they count the university GPA as your final GPA??

They count everything and calculate a science (BCPM) and overall undergraduate GPA.
 
I was under the impression that AMCAS only calculated your GPA from the 4-year institution. I'm not expert on the matter though. I'd like to hear more on the subject, because I have a butt load of classes failed from 5 years ago, but since I've restarted my college I've been 4.0. I know for a fact that medical schools will look at the trend, but I don't know if my GPA will look artificially horrible because of failures from yesteryear.
 
I was under the impression that AMCAS only calculated your GPA from the 4-year institution. I'm not expert on the matter though. I'd like to hear more on the subject, because I have a butt load of classes failed from 5 years ago, but since I've restarted my college I've been 4.0. I know for a fact that medical schools will look at the trend, but I don't know if my GPA will look artificially horrible because of failures from yesteryear.


I'm a transfer to uni student, and sorry to say, but they do count your classes that you took at a cc, even if it was 5 years ago.
 
AMCAS looks at all grades, even if you signed up for a guitar class at the local community colege during your freshman year of high school. All grades go into your overall and science GPA.
 
Yeah, I know it sucks, I took a Calculus class, that was way tough at a CC than it was at my Uni before starting and I got a C in it. 🙁 It sucks b/c its going to hurt my BCPM and Cumulative.