GPA(community college+ 4-year university)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jclaude2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering does the AMCAS calculate both of your community college and 4-year university GPA when they calculate your total GPA or they just count your 4- year university GPA?
Thank you for responding guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just wondering does the AMCAS calculate both of your community college and 4-year university GPA when they calculate your total GPA or they just count your 4- year university GPA?
Thank you for responding guys!!

They count every college level class you ever took that didn't go towards a master's degree.

I mean do they count both GPA ( CC GPA and university GPA) to come out with your final GPA or they count the university GPA as your final GPA??

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean do they count both GPA ( CC GPA and university GPA) to come out with your final GPA or they count the university GPA as your final GPA??

They count everything and calculate a science (BCPM) and overall undergraduate GPA.

I was under the impression that AMCAS only calculated your GPA from the 4-year institution. I'm not expert on the matter though. I'd like to hear more on the subject, because I have a butt load of classes failed from 5 years ago, but since I've restarted my college I've been 4.0. I know for a fact that medical schools will look at the trend, but I don't know if my GPA will look artificially horrible because of failures from yesteryear.

I was under the impression that AMCAS only calculated your GPA from the 4-year institution. I'm not expert on the matter though. I'd like to hear more on the subject, because I have a butt load of classes failed from 5 years ago, but since I've restarted my college I've been 4.0. I know for a fact that medical schools will look at the trend, but I don't know if my GPA will look artificially horrible because of failures from yesteryear.

I'm a transfer to uni student, and sorry to say, but they do count your classes that you took at a cc, even if it was 5 years ago.

AMCAS looks at all grades, even if you signed up for a guitar class at the local community colege during your freshman year of high school. All grades go into your overall and science GPA.

Yeah, I know it sucks, I took a Calculus class, that was way tough at a CC than it was at my Uni before starting and I got a C in it. :( It sucks b/c its going to hurt my BCPM and Cumulative.