• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

GPA doesn't match? Is this common or is it an issue?

Lazerous

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2008
  1. Pre-Dental
The calculated AADSAS GPA doesn't match the GPA on my transcript. Is it because they calculate it using a different method or did something go wrong?
I double and even triple checked I input all of my coursework info correctly and both of my transcripts have been sent in and received already.
Anybody else experience this?

ohohitsmagic08

Jul 14, 2009
  1. Pre-Dental
Did you take any summer courses/transfer credits that you forgot to include in your calculations? Or any A+'s that count as 4.3's via aadsas i believe?

The calculated AADSAS GPA doesn't match the GPA on my transcript. Is it because they calculate it using a different method or did something go wrong?
I double and even triple checked I input all of my coursework info correctly and both of my transcripts have been sent in and received already.
Anybody else experience this?

About the Ads

Lazerous

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2008
  1. Pre-Dental
It's weird because my transfer courses all match perfectly with AADSAS in terms of GPA. At the 2nd institution where I completed my bachelors is where things start to get funny. Unless I got all A's (i.e. 4.0) in a certain semester then my GPA for each semester is lower by around .1-.15 points.

Also my cumulative GPA for that 2nd institution is lower by .08 points than what it should be. This same institution does +/- for all letter grades below an A. So whether you got a 90 or a 100 then you still end up with an A on your transcript.

yuppers

10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2009
  1. Pre-Dental
If your colleges give A+s then your addsas gpa will decrease since A+s will drop down to As.
If your colleges give A-s then your addsas gpa will increase since A-s will bump up to As.
However your addsas gpa doesnt necessarily have to change especially if you have a mixture of both A+s and A-s since those grades can cancel.

Lazerous

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2008
  1. Pre-Dental
If your colleges give A+s then your addsas gpa will decrease since A+s will drop down to As.
If your colleges give A-s then your addsas gpa will increase since A-s will bump up to As.
However your addsas gpa doesnt necessarily have to change especially if you have a mixture of both A+s and A-s since those grades can cancel.

Like I mentioned earlier, both of the institutions I went to only give out A's (without the +/- designation). However, every letter grade under an A gets the +/- designation (i.e. C-, C, C+, B-, B, B+, and then A).

So does what you just said also apply to these other letter grades? Because I've mostly got +'s for the other grades; so does AADSAS knock those down to simply a B or a C?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.