GPA doesn't match? Is this common or is it an issue?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lazerous

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The calculated AADSAS GPA doesn't match the GPA on my transcript. Is it because they calculate it using a different method or did something go wrong?
I double and even triple checked I input all of my coursework info correctly and both of my transcripts have been sent in and received already.
Anybody else experience this?

Members don't see this ad.

How much difference was their between the two? Give us more information, what gpa? science, cumulative, etc.

There was small difference between my overall gpa.

Did you take any summer courses/transfer credits that you forgot to include in your calculations? Or any A+'s that count as 4.3's via aadsas i believe?

The calculated AADSAS GPA doesn't match the GPA on my transcript. Is it because they calculate it using a different method or did something go wrong?
I double and even triple checked I input all of my coursework info correctly and both of my transcripts have been sent in and received already.
Anybody else experience this?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's weird because my transfer courses all match perfectly with AADSAS in terms of GPA. At the 2nd institution where I completed my bachelors is where things start to get funny. Unless I got all A's (i.e. 4.0) in a certain semester then my GPA for each semester is lower by around .1-.15 points.

Also my cumulative GPA for that 2nd institution is lower by .08 points than what it should be. This same institution does +/- for all letter grades below an A. So whether you got a 90 or a 100 then you still end up with an A on your transcript.

really? mine doesn't match exactly either, but they calculated mine a little higher so i have no complaints there :D

really? mine doesn't match exactly either, but they calculated mine a little higher so i have no complaints there :D

Does your college grade the same way? All letter grades besides an "A" have a +/- designation? As in C-, C, C+, B-, B, B+, A

If your colleges give A+s then your addsas gpa will decrease since A+s will drop down to As.
If your colleges give A-s then your addsas gpa will increase since A-s will bump up to As.
However your addsas gpa doesnt necessarily have to change especially if you have a mixture of both A+s and A-s since those grades can cancel.

If your colleges give A+s then your addsas gpa will decrease since A+s will drop down to As.
If your colleges give A-s then your addsas gpa will increase since A-s will bump up to As.
However your addsas gpa doesnt necessarily have to change especially if you have a mixture of both A+s and A-s since those grades can cancel.

Like I mentioned earlier, both of the institutions I went to only give out A's (without the +/- designation). However, every letter grade under an A gets the +/- designation (i.e. C-, C, C+, B-, B, B+, and then A).

So does what you just said also apply to these other letter grades? Because I've mostly got +'s for the other grades; so does AADSAS knock those down to simply a B or a C?