Lazerous

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
The calculated AADSAS GPA doesn't match the GPA on my transcript. Is it because they calculate it using a different method or did something go wrong?
I double and even triple checked I input all of my coursework info correctly and both of my transcripts have been sent in and received already.
Anybody else experience this?

Jul 9, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
How much difference was their between the two? Give us more information, what gpa? science, cumulative, etc.

There was small difference between my overall gpa.

Jul 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Did you take any summer courses/transfer credits that you forgot to include in your calculations? Or any A+'s that count as 4.3's via aadsas i believe?

The calculated AADSAS GPA doesn't match the GPA on my transcript. Is it because they calculate it using a different method or did something go wrong?
I double and even triple checked I input all of my coursework info correctly and both of my transcripts have been sent in and received already.
Anybody else experience this?

OP
L

Lazerous

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
It's weird because my transfer courses all match perfectly with AADSAS in terms of GPA. At the 2nd institution where I completed my bachelors is where things start to get funny. Unless I got all A's (i.e. 4.0) in a certain semester then my GPA for each semester is lower by around .1-.15 points.

Also my cumulative GPA for that 2nd institution is lower by .08 points than what it should be. This same institution does +/- for all letter grades below an A. So whether you got a 90 or a 100 then you still end up with an A on your transcript.

karrotcake

10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2009
Status
Dental Student
really? mine doesn't match exactly either, but they calculated mine a little higher so i have no complaints there :D

OP
L

Lazerous

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
really? mine doesn't match exactly either, but they calculated mine a little higher so i have no complaints there :D
Does your college grade the same way? All letter grades besides an "A" have a +/- designation? As in C-, C, C+, B-, B, B+, A

yuppers

10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
If your colleges give A+s then your addsas gpa will decrease since A+s will drop down to As.
If your colleges give A-s then your addsas gpa will increase since A-s will bump up to As.
However your addsas gpa doesnt necessarily have to change especially if you have a mixture of both A+s and A-s since those grades can cancel.

OP
L

Lazerous

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
If your colleges give A+s then your addsas gpa will decrease since A+s will drop down to As.
If your colleges give A-s then your addsas gpa will increase since A-s will bump up to As.
However your addsas gpa doesnt necessarily have to change especially if you have a mixture of both A+s and A-s since those grades can cancel.
Like I mentioned earlier, both of the institutions I went to only give out A's (without the +/- designation). However, every letter grade under an A gets the +/- designation (i.e. C-, C, C+, B-, B, B+, and then A).

So does what you just said also apply to these other letter grades? Because I've mostly got +'s for the other grades; so does AADSAS knock those down to simply a B or a C?