Nov 5, 2013
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
This may be a stupid question but I have been thinking about it a lot lately and thought someone on here might be able to answer it. If I am a junior now and I apply to a PT program during the end of the summer between junior and senior year, how do my senior year grades affect my PT application??? What if I am still finishing up 1 or 2 prerequisites after I apply?? Will they accept me, but only under the condition that I earn a certain grade in those prerequisites? How exactly does it work??

Dec 4, 2013
Generally schools will admit you on a conditional basis. But prior to applying be sure to meet the programs minimum requirements in terms of gpa, they could deny you immediately if you don't meet their standards.

bnwj89

SPT
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2012
Status
Most schools have rules such as "must have at least 6 out of the 9 prerequisite classes finished by the time of application"

Jul 21, 2013
Status
This may be a stupid question but I have been thinking about it a lot lately and thought someone on here might be able to answer it. If I am a junior now and I apply to a PT program during the end of the summer between junior and senior year, how do my senior year grades affect my PT application??? What if I am still finishing up 1 or 2 prerequisites after I apply?? Will they accept me, but only under the condition that I earn a certain grade in those prerequisites? How exactly does it work??
Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but I am not sure a young buck like you is ready for the rigors of PT school. Might not be a bad idea to get a job or doing something else after you graduate to see if PT is even the career for you. Most people your age don't really have a clue what they want to do in life. And the ones that do...well, they are quite frankly just lying to themselves. I got into PT school a few years back... just FYI.

Good luck.

OP
F
Nov 5, 2013
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but I am not sure a young buck like you is ready for the rigors of PT school. Might not be a bad idea to get a job or doing something else after you graduate to see if PT is even the career for you. Most people your age don't really have a clue what they want to do in life. And the ones that do...well, they are quite frankly just lying to themselves. I got into PT school a few years back... just FYI.

Good luck.
What do you mean by that? The natural process is to complete undergraduate and then apply to graduate school after. Why would I take a break and interrupt my education?

markelmarcel

7+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2009
Status
DPT / OTD
People can go to graduate school whenever they please. Some people do find it an advantage to work and earn some money before starting grad school, some people change their career between undergrad and grad school, and yes, some people go straight from under grad to graduate school.

That being said, everyone answered your question correctly. Yes, there will be stipulation that you receive a grade (more than likely a C or higher) in the remaining pre-requisites that you haven't taken yet. You will have to send them an updated transcript upon graduation, I would imagine.

ToxicWaterr
Sep 20, 2013
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]

Good luck.
I think it is a dangerous statement to say that college juniors who have a set idea of what they want are just lying to themselves. This is why students do observation hours in order to further solidify their decision of pursuing PT. I speak on behalf of myself who decided PT as early as the 12th grade. I managed to volunteer in hospitals for the past 6 years and I am more than excited to start PT school this summer. Although I graduate this semester, I feel that I am prepared for the rigor that comes with graduate school. I think age is simply a number and if any applicant is applying for PT schools admissions counselors and instructors will have to sense that passion and drive that the student has for the industry. In addition, applicants will also be investing a lot of money into application so if any student is prepared and ready, more power to them.