GPA grading scales

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocky90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that some students have a gpa of 4.1 (higher than 4) but some universities like mine have a max of 4. So how do universities that give 4+ gpas compare with those that have a max of 4? Do d-schools have anything to take the difference in account.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The AADSAS uses a grading scale that counts an A+ as a 4.25

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya it's the AADSAS recalculation that boosts it. My gpa at my university is 3.97 but since I got A+'s in some classes AADSAS boosted it to 4.1

Last edited:
Ya it's the AADSAS recalculation that boosts it. My gpa at my university is 3.97 but since I got A+'s in some classes it boosted it to 4.1

How about schools that dont have A+, like at my university they dont give A+ so thats why the max is 4. Does that matter?

How about schools that dont have A+, like at my university they dont give A+ so thats why the max is 4. Does that matter?

Ohh I dunno. If not all schools give A+ I doubt it makes that big of a difference. They also have the "without +/-" gpa to look at too which is max of 4.