gpa prob need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr. princess

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i got evaluations from ece i just got a 2.7 i dont know how they do it and is there any other way i can improve this like by taking a MPH? any one here who got in international program with this gpa? im retaking part1 to get a high score too... this thing is driving me crazy! :) i would appreciate any advice thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

dr. princess said:
hi i got evaluations from ece i just got a 2.7 i dont know how they do it and is there any other way i can improve this like by taking a MPH? any one here who got in international program with this gpa? im retaking part1 to get a high score too... this thing is driving me crazy! :) i would appreciate any advice thanks a lot!

I would say if you are willing to put in 3 to 4 years (1 yr applying to mph mha, 2 yrs of school and 1 yr before entering dental school) before getting into dental school, then go ahead with MPH or MHA. Otherwise get your documents evaluated by WES and apply to school that accept WES.

dr. princess said:
HI
my advice is to have a good part one and part 2 score and improve ur CV by working as a dental assistant and keep applying and improve ur clincal skills if ur appling to california schools. and dont wory about gpa mine was 1.86 with ECE and i still got accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
uscdoc said:
HI
my advice is to have a good part one and part 2 score and improve ur CV by working as a dental assistant and keep applying and improve ur clincal skills if ur appling to california schools. and dont wory about gpa mine was 1.86 with ECE and i still got accepted.

Wow!! Which school were you accepted into? Class of ----? I too have a low GPA and am wondering what to do!! :oops:

uscdoc said:
HI

Im so worried about GPA because my country has diff evaluation system.
Thank you for this thread, im now feeling better.......
I got Master degree with very good GPA in other country, but i wonder if they care for it or not? so r u joinging USC?
Congrats!

uscdoc said:
HI

hi uscdoc thanks for the advice , u made me feel that i still might have a chance , that at least gave me hope... :) did u get part 2boards? what's ur score ? and where else did u get an interview ... thanks so much!

for evrybody which schools accepts wes evaluations? thanks so much!

hi,i havent got my transcripts evaluated yet.but i was just wondering that if wes generally gives a higher gpa than ece and we know that ,so i guess even the interviewer/colege knows that.so it doesnt matter from whom we get it evaluated .and i guess its just a waste to get a wes evluation after an ece coz the college ur applying too with a wes knows that if it were ece it would have been lower.i guess they definitely consider from whom the evaluation report is rather than just considering the number.(hope it made sense). :(

mamadent said:
hi,i havent got my transcripts evaluated yet.but i was just wondering that if wes generally gives a higher gpa than ece and we know that ,so i guess even the interviewer/colege knows that.so it doesnt matter from whom we get it evaluated .and i guess its just a waste to get a wes evluation after an ece coz the college ur applying too with a wes knows that if it were ece it would have been lower.i guess they definitely consider from whom the evaluation report is rather than just considering the number.(hope it made sense). :(

Yeah, you are right. Schools which generally don't care about GPA are the ones that ask for evaluation from any service. But, we never know. But, it always looks better if you can show a higher GPA. Just for our satisfaction!! :)

uscdoc said:
HI

hi uscdoc,

congrats for your acceptance at USC.

Could you please let me know how you improved your GPA from 1.86 to 3.4[as u mentioned in another thread "Acceptance Thread-class Of 2008/2009".

Have you got it done by ECE?Have you done any other course?or did u got accepted with 1.86 GPA as u mentioned above?It will be of great help if you make it clearer.

drdds said:
hi uscdoc,

congrats for your acceptance at USC.

Could you please let me know how you improved your GPA from 1.86 to 3.4[as u mentioned in another thread "Acceptance Thread-class Of 2008/2009".

Have you got it done by ECE?Have you done any other course?or did u got accepted with 1.86 GPA as u mentioned above?It will be of great help if you make it clearer.

GPA from 1.86 to 3.4 :idea: :scared:

meetlife said:
GPA from 1.86 to 3.4 :idea: :scared:

Thatz what i understood from two different posts of uscdoc,in one uscdoc has mentioned that his/her gpa is 1.86 and he got admission with that gpa and in another post he has mentioned that his gpa is 3.4.I wonder with what gpa he got admission actually!!! :confused: Is there still hope for those with low gpa?

hey everybody
I have a question about ece. I'm planning to send my marks for evaluation to the ece and would like to know if we have to ask them to send it to the joint commission directly or do I have to send it after the ece sends me the gpa......and does the ece require anything other than my marks cards and university certificate...thanx

shlo

shlo said:
hey everybody
I have a question about ece. I'm planning to send my marks for evaluation to the ece and would like to know if we have to ask them to send it to the joint commission directly or do I have to send it after the ece sends me the gpa......and does the ece require anything other than my marks cards and university certificate...thanx

shlo

The Ece sends two reports for free.One sealed envelope goes to the applicant and the second one to the address of applicant's choice.I sent mine to the joint commission.I guess that makes more sense.Its best to get a course by course evaluation done.

You need to send the BDS marksheets and proof of degee,all notarized.

Hope this helps.

meetlife said:
The Ece sends two reports for free.One sealed envelope goes to the applicant and the second one to the address of applicant's choice.I sent mine to the joint commission.I guess that makes more sense.Its best to get a course by course evaluation done.

You need to send the BDS marksheets and proof of degee,all notarized.

Hope this helps.

Hey meetlife
thanx for the info. U think it's better do get a course by course evaluation done????are the markscards of bds enough or do i need to send anything extra???thanx again for ur help......

shlo

shlo said:
Hey meetlife
thanx for the info. U think it's better do get a course by course evaluation done????are the markscards of bds enough or do i need to send anything extra???thanx again for ur help......

shlo

Yes,its better to get the course by course done.ADA and dental schools accept it.It saves time and money.

www.ece.org for documents and other details.

meetlife said:
Yes,its better to get the course by course done.ADA and dental schools accept it.It saves time and money.

www.ece.org for documents and other details.

Thanx for ur help.......checked the ece website......

shlo