1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

gpa prob need advice

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by dr. princess, Nov 15, 2005.

1. dr. princess

dr. princess Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    hi i got evaluations from ece i just got a 2.7 i dont know how they do it and is there any other way i can improve this like by taking a MPH? any one here who got in international program with this gpa? im retaking part1 to get a high score too... this thing is driving me crazy! :) i would appreciate any advice thanks a lot!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. g3k

g3k SDN Donor
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I would say if you are willing to put in 3 to 4 years (1 yr applying to mph mha, 2 yrs of school and 1 yr before entering dental school) before getting into dental school, then go ahead with MPH or MHA. Otherwise get your documents evaluated by WES and apply to school that accept WES.

4. uscdoc

uscdoc Junior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    HI
    my advice is to have a good part one and part 2 score and improve ur CV by working as a dental assistant and keep applying and improve ur clincal skills if ur appling to california schools. and dont wory about gpa mine was 1.86 with ECE and i still got accepted.

5. g3k

g3k SDN Donor
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Wow!! Which school were you accepted into? Class of ----? I too have a low GPA and am wondering what to do!! :oops:

6. river2005

river2005 Member
    7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Im so worried about GPA because my country has diff evaluation system.
    Thank you for this thread, im now feeling better.......
    I got Master degree with very good GPA in other country, but i wonder if they care for it or not? so r u joinging USC?
    Congrats!

7. dr. princess

dr. princess Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student

hi uscdoc thanks for the advice , u made me feel that i still might have a chance , that at least gave me hope... :) did u get part 2boards? what's ur score ? and where else did u get an interview ... thanks so much!

for evrybody which schools accepts wes evaluations? thanks so much!

8. mamadent

mamadent Member
    7+ Year Member

hi,i havent got my transcripts evaluated yet.but i was just wondering that if wes generally gives a higher gpa than ece and we know that ,so i guess even the interviewer/colege knows that.so it doesnt matter from whom we get it evaluated .and i guess its just a waste to get a wes evluation after an ece coz the college ur applying too with a wes knows that if it were ece it would have been lower.i guess they definitely consider from whom the evaluation report is rather than just considering the number.(hope it made sense). :(

9. g3k

g3k SDN Donor
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Yeah, you are right. Schools which generally don't care about GPA are the ones that ask for evaluation from any service. But, we never know. But, it always looks better if you can show a higher GPA. Just for our satisfaction!! :)

10. drdds

drdds Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

hi uscdoc,

congrats for your acceptance at USC.

Could you please let me know how you improved your GPA from 1.86 to 3.4[as u mentioned in another thread "Acceptance Thread-class Of 2008/2009".

Have you got it done by ECE?Have you done any other course?or did u got accepted with 1.86 GPA as u mentioned above?It will be of great help if you make it clearer.

11. Athene

Athene 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

GPA from 1.86 to 3.4 :idea: :scared:

12. drdds

drdds Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Thatz what i understood from two different posts of uscdoc,in one uscdoc has mentioned that his/her gpa is 1.86 and he got admission with that gpa and in another post he has mentioned that his gpa is 3.4.I wonder with what gpa he got admission actually!!! :confused: Is there still hope for those with low gpa?

13. shlo

shlo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

hey everybody
    I have a question about ece. I'm planning to send my marks for evaluation to the ece and would like to know if we have to ask them to send it to the joint commission directly or do I have to send it after the ece sends me the gpa......and does the ece require anything other than my marks cards and university certificate...thanx

shlo

14. Athene

Athene 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

The Ece sends two reports for free.One sealed envelope goes to the applicant and the second one to the address of applicant's choice.I sent mine to the joint commission.I guess that makes more sense.Its best to get a course by course evaluation done.

You need to send the BDS marksheets and proof of degee,all notarized.

Hope this helps.

15. shlo

shlo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey meetlife
    thanx for the info. U think it's better do get a course by course evaluation done????are the markscards of bds enough or do i need to send anything extra???thanx again for ur help......

shlo

16. Athene

Athene 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Yes,its better to get the course by course done.ADA and dental schools accept it.It saves time and money.

www.ece.org for documents and other details.

17. shlo

shlo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanx for ur help.......checked the ece website......

shlo