GPA repair as post bacc- part time science classes with full time job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkeon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the consensus on this? Are 2 A's from upper science with full time work the same as 4-5 A's with no work/part time or not?

Members don't see this ad.

What's the consensus on this? Are 2 A's from upper science with full time work the same as 4-5 A's with no work/part time or not?

No. 2 A's =/= 4-5 A's in any shape or form- especially when it comes to cGPA calculations.

Sure an adcom might be impressed that you managed to pull off taking 2 upper science classes while working full time...but that'll probably be it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
If that's all you have time for , do the best you can but realize you need at least 30 credits usually for an effective post bacc

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If that's the case, I'm going to change my work schedule to full time and take 1 class a semester :D

I worked part time to accommodate with taking 2-3 classes a semester. I didn't want to take one class a semester because I don't think that would prove anything.

Reactions: 1 user
Part-time science courses and full-time job should be ok. Just make sure your taking more than 1 class each semester.

Also, I believe the # of credits you take is dependent on your individual situation. I took ~23 credits of upper level biology courses while working full-time (7-8 credits/semester)... but I also showed a strong upward trend from my sophomore year of undergrad. If you have had poor grades your final year of undergrad, I would suspect that ~30+ credits would be needed to demonstrate academic ability

just do the full science load and get it over with. you need to show you can handle a full course load at once. thats what admissions is looking for in an applicant if you have poor grades. you can work afterwards. plus working + taking classes is not a fun time.