GPA requirements for entry (i.e. BU) - how strict?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goleafsgo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, for those who have been accepted, was your GPA below the "required" GPA needed for entry? I notice specifically that BU "requires students to have a minimum of 3.3 undergraduate GPA for admission to this certificate program".
unfortunately, i don't have a 3.3.. :(
how strict is this, anyone know??
feel free to post about other schools as well
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the BU masters program right now and I have a few friends whose GPA's are below 3.3. They do, however, have decent MCAT scores in the upper 20's to low 30's. I don't know what your MCAT or GPA is but the reason BU states the numbers that they do is that they want to be 1.) realistic about getting you into medical school and 2.)make sure you aren't going to come to BU, putz around for a year and waste 30K.
If your numbers are low because you took very difficult classes or had 1 really bad year etc. then they are going to take that into consideration. But if your numbers are low consistently throughout college due to lack of motivation or whatever, then how is that going to change in graduate school? I'm not applying this to you personally goleafsgo, its just how the admissions staff thinks.

Anyways, the moral of the story is, don't let a GPA less than 3.3 stop you from applying. Just convince BU that you have the potential to kick a** in their program and you're in! Hope this helps

thanks, that helped.. i have a 29 MCAT score, and my first year undergrad killed my GPA big time.
i was just wondering if it was something where they see my GPA then toss out my application entirely.. good to see i might have a chance